Savage Ultralight vs. Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5 PRC

huntoregon

I am looking to buy a new rifle for deer and antelope. Pretty set on something in 6.5 PRC and I have $1,200 for a budget on the rifle. What would you guys recommend? Also if there is something else out there I may have overlooked that would be a better potential option please let me know.

A friend of mine dropped of a Mesa in 6.5 PRC for me to shoot. I'll let you know how it does tomorrow. I have a Mesa long range and I love it. Tack driver and very nice rifle.

I have a CA Mesa in 6.5 PRC and handled the savage ultralight, thinking that was an option. I much preferred the fit and finish and feel of the CA. I've only done initial break in, on to testing now with ADG brass, 156 bergers, and H1000.

That would be appreciated
Shot rifle today, it shot well for factory ammo(Hornady 143 eldx) sub MOA. Recoil was very mild trigger was great and rifle has a very good feel to it. Wasn't a good day to shoot, the wind was pretty gusty. Going to shoot another string in the morning. We'll see how it does. I think reloading will bring it down to half MOA pretty easy. I have a Mesa long range in 7 mag(sub 1/2 MOA when I do my part). More weight and more money but worth it in my opinion. Depends on how you are going to use your rifle, but don't think you can go wrong with a Christensen in either model.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts