• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage 6x45 barrel

megastink

Looking for a prefit, small shank, in 6x45. Would like a 20" size; maybe even 18". Building a small compact bolt gun for my sons. Thanks in advance.

Link to a barrel on sale. Not exactly what you want, but could be cut down.

I did this same build about 4 years ago on a savage short action. I bought an x caliber 20" 6x45 through Apache gun works and it ended up being my most accurate barrel and I own several after market barrels. I ordered a featherweight contour, but he send me a heavy sporter, but I don't mind a little extra and it probably helps with the accuracy. With 70gr SBK and Varget, I shoot sub .2" groups at 100 yards, my kids regularly take pdogs at 400+ yards and my 65lb recoil shy daughter used it to take her WY antelope at 280 yards with an 85gr HPBT.

Last edited:
Man, I've been looking fo long that thats sounding good! Lol. I really want a shorter barrel with an aggressive 1:8 twist. I might just order a proof and be done with it. Thank you for the heads up!