SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

Maybe this belongs on a new thread, maybe not... Or maybe this has already been discussed on this thread?
For the SAUMS guys/gals that are hand loading, what is your primer of choice??

I did a workup load for my brothers 6.5 and the high end I am at 60.3 gr. I have read on a lot of forums that if you are using stick powder and under 60 gr. you should be good to go with just a LRP like the GM210M. But I would like to hear form you all, is the Magnum primer necessary, or better, or does it not make that much of a difference? I am looking for consistent burn rate more than anything to keep the MV variance as minimal as possible.

Wow pudgy very nice. Checking a shooter meaning both!

So question, how many saums'snare you seeing in f class. I really don't know why there are not more shooting it. I figured with the 190 and it's incredible bc it would be a no brainer. I mean the rifles are so heavy a 4 year old could shoot them without much recoil.

I would love to hear more about the data, velocity, bullet using, etc. maybe a new thread would be best.
I shoot F-Open every once and while and the guys in my area almost exclusively shoot 284 winchesters. The availability of Lapua brass is big factor for a lot of them. They all look at me funny because I show up with with a Masterpiece Arms production division rifle in 6CM, but I have only been shooting the 600 yard match. Just screwing around.

Maybe this belongs on a new thread, maybe not... Or maybe this has already been discussed on this thread?

I did a workup load for my brothers 6.5 and the high end I am at 60.3 gr. I have read on a lot of forums that if you are using stick powder and under 60 gr. you should be good to go with just a LRP like the GM210M. But I would like to hear form you all, is the Magnum primer necessary, or better, or does it not make that much of a difference? I am looking for consistent burn rate more than anything to keep the MV variance as minimal as possible.

I've proven time and time again the Federsl 210M is what you want. Magnums have higher ES numbers.

I use the federal match magnum primers and still get low SD's. I use the magnum primers as reliability is paramount since I use my SAUM for hunting only.

-6.5 SAUM (I have other barrels for this rifle too)
-Terminus Zues QC action
-MPA ultralite chassis
- Triggertech diamond single stage
- Leupold mark 5, 5-25

20230617_104251.jpg

Last edited:

Absolute HAMMER!!!

7 SAUM
Defiance Anti XM action
AG Composites K2 stock
Mullerworks carbon 20" 1:8
Trigger Tech trigger