RX-IV Digital Laser Rangefinder

That max distance is only on high reflective targets in atmospheric conditions that are conducive for LRF's. I never got mine to work past 1100 yards-very large & highly reflective object.
I used one for several hunts and mine would range just past 600 yards to just shy of 700 yards in good conditions (light clouds). Bright sunshine is an enemy of LRF's.
I like Leupold scopes, but it will NOT compete with the Leica or Swaro LRF's.

The Leupold line of range finders do not come highly recommended by any number of reviews I have read over the past 3 years. They don't range the distances some of the others will. If you want to reliably range 800-900 yards or farther, better look at the new Zeiss, or the Swaro 8x30.

I have an RX III (not an RX IV) but Ernie's statements hold true with the RX III as well. It's truly a "fair weather friend".

I have used the RX-IV also and they are nice but they will not do 1500. I was able to use them out to 700yds or so. I have been using the RXB-IV and they have been really nice the max I have used them at was something like 987yds.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.