Rok Stock

Does anybody miss the good ol' days? 😀

IMG_0316.jpeg

Meanwhile I'm buying B&C stocks and throwing Bradley cheek risers on them. Cheap and effective.
This works but it doesn't address a problem. Your recoil pad is still below the bore axis which causes the barrel to rise more than if the recoil pad was higher and inline with the bore. This is the reason you will never see an adjustable cheek piece on a gunwerks rifle and the reason they design their stocks the way they do.

This works but it doesn't address a problem. Your recoil pad is still below the bore axis which causes the barrel to rise more than if the recoil pad was higher and inline with the bore. This is the reason you will never see an adjustable cheek piece on a gunwerks rifle and the reason they design their stocks the way they do.
I'm not opposed to fancier stocks or guns in general. The cheaper options work for me though…at this point in time. I will not however, spend the amount gunwerks wants for a rifle…ever. My use case for rifles are 90% hunting. I just can't justify $10-12K for a rifle when I'm already filling my freezers. To those that have that kind of disposable income, have at it!

I have side ported brakes installed on both my 300 WSM and 300 WM. Both have B&C stocks with Bradley cheek risers. I find I have comfortable and repeatable ergonomics and I can watch impact with both rifles. I don't mind heavier guns, so having spaced age construction isn't a factor for me either.

I don't want to take away from this thread or those that have purchased one of these stocks. I am interested in the Tikka version. I'd like to see more input and reviews before a firm consideration on purchasing something like one of these.

I'm not opposed to fancier stocks or guns in general. The cheaper options work for me though…at this point in time. I will not however, spend the amount gunwerks wants for a rifle…ever. My use case for rifles are 90% hunting. I just can't justify $10-12K for a rifle when I'm already filling my freezers. To those that have that kind of disposable income, have at it!

I have side ported brakes installed on both my 300 WSM and 300 WM. Both have B&C stocks with Bradley cheek risers. I find I have comfortable and repeatable ergonomics and I can watch impact with both rifles. I don't mind heavier guns, so having spaced age construction isn't a factor for me either.

I don't want to take away from this thread or those that have purchased one of these stocks. I am interested in the Tikka version. I'd like to see more input and reviews before a firm consideration on purchasing something like one of these.
I am in the same boat I am running tikka rifles exclusively so this was a welcomed addition because it is so similar to a gunwerks stock at 1/2 the cost. Gunwerks said they weren't going to make a stock with a tikka inlet. Even with muzzle brakes and suppressors there is still some recoil so having it recoil straight back has an advantage for spotting impacts and staying on target.

Another thing is UM plans to have these in stock so no waiting 12+ weeks and over 1k for some of these newer stocks.

This is the reason you will never see an adjustable cheek piece on a gunwerks rifle and the reason they design their stocks the way they do.

Just an FYI - Gunwerks actually does have an adjustable cheek piece on their verdict stock and at one point, it was an option for the magnus as well.

These look interesting. They are offering a Winchester model 70 long action. I think I am going to order one for my daughters 280ai.
I too would be very interested in upgrading the factory stock on my m70 with something like this. The problem is, based on what's on their webpage, is they won't make any for that action until they get 15 orders.

Maybe I'm just a little pessimistic, as I'm sure over a somewhat short period of time they would sell that many, there are probably several of those purchasers that won't commit to it due to the unknown of if or when the order happens.

Hmmm

I too would be very interested in upgrading the factory stock on my m70 with something like this. The problem is, based on what's on their webpage, is they won't make any for that action until they get 15 orders.

Maybe I'm just a little pessimistic, as I'm sure over a somewhat short period of time they would sell that many, there are probably several of those purchasers that won't commit to it due to the unknown of if or when the order happens.

Hmmm

"""" This is the reason you will never see an adjustable cheek piece on a gunwerks rifle and the reason they design their stocks the way they do.""""

well I'll be damned, would ya look at that, a magnus with an adjustable cheek piece !!!
20240504_130649.jpg

20230202_154041.jpg

Contrary to popular belief GW has offered many version of adjustable cheek piece stock setups in the past and present!!
I find it quite Ironic that there "Ultra Precision" Verdict rifle/stock is full adjustable for everything. Imagine that

Last edited:
"""" This is the reason you will never see an adjustable cheek piece on a gunwerks rifle and the reason they design their stocks the way they do.""""

well I'll be damned, would ya look at that, a magnus with an adjustable cheek piece !!! View attachment 569168
View attachment 569173
Contrary to popular belief GW has offered many version of adjustable cheek piece stock setups in the past and present!!
I find it quite Ironic that there "Ultra Precision" Verdict rifle/stock is full adjustable for everything. Imagine that

Now THAT is a great looking stock (and full rig).

I haven't followed gunwerks but I knew their current version of the Magnus and the Clymr don't and Arron talks down on adjustable cheek piece.

Recent Posts