Rings Selection?

Stugots

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I just purchased a new Gen 2 Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a new Bushnell 6-24x50mm Elite Illuminated MilDot Argon 30mm Riflescope (ET6245F) that I would like to mount on it. I was considering a set of Vortex steel (or possibly aluminum) rings to mount the scope on the rifle with. My question to all of you is what height rings would you recommend to use allowing for correct minimal height clearance between the barrel and objective lens? TIA.

S, call Vortex at (800) 426-0048. Give them your specs and get the correct ring model from the "horse's mouth".

S, call Vortex at (800) 426-0048. Give them your specs and get the correct ring model from the "horse's mouth".

Already tried that. They told me in a slightly condescendingly that if I owned the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 that their Precision Match 1.26" rings would work on their scope. No help specifically where I referenced the Bushnell 6-24x50mm I own...

S, I've never talked to Vortex, kind of a crappy attitude. I've always had great interaction with Talley. Customer service is hit and miss, looks like Vortex was a miss. Perhaps an alternative would be taking the rifle and scope to a shop/ store selling the mounts you want and checking the fit. Good luck

Already tried that. They told me in a slightly condescendingly that if I owned the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 that their Precision Match 1.26" rings would work on their scope. No help specifically where I referenced the Bushnell 6-24x50mm I own...

Not defending Vortex but I think they provided the information you needed for your scope based on a comparable spec scope of their own.

Check out the specs for the 1.26" rings (Vortex Optics - Precision Matched Rings-30 mm 1.26 Inches) and make some actual measurements of your own if it fits your requirement.

[ame]https://youtu.be/EB-DwEtwG10?t=240[/ame]

Good luck!

That is a GREAT video... I've been hit or miss guessing for a LOOOONG time and this kid has absolutely nailed it with a very thorough description of how to figure ring height without guessing.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.