removeable cheek rest ?

rsmithsr

my current scope is in a mount, above my built in mount. plus tilted forward means the eye pc sits high. looking for a removeable cheek pc or similar idea.
ideas
suggestions

thank you gentlemen
BUT
this is a bench rifle...a McMillan/wheeler lbr.
straps and such have to be clear of the REAR REST.

Look up Matthews fabrication is a veteran owned business but as mentioned earlier you will have to drill two holes through your stock it could be removed very easily

Your best info will come from contacting Alex Wheeler or Kelly McMillan

I would ask for a cheek height about and inch in either direction of what you need cause let's face it things can change down the road. Maybe you'll need to add more slope to your system or the mount ends up needing changed. Things happen. Plan accordingly. Jmo

Good suggestions here.
On a lighter note, do you have a 3D printer? As an alternate path to solution, you could go full Bubba and make a different kind of cheek piece. 🤣

Attachments

• 20200607_081855.jpg
    20200607_081855.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 68
i'll talk to alex.
but
there are 2 weights in the butt that extend about 4", and an alum "rudder" to guide the lower stock.
not sure drilling is an option
really need to be a top mount...Velcro or something

If you could drill 2 holes and put a threaded insert in, you could make pillars, slot a peice of 1.5" pvc, aluminum pipe, or metal conduit (cut in half and shaped to your liking), above those two holes, and attach with pan head screws and space with nylon or aluminum pillars. Cheap easy effective.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts