Remington 798/799

Dead Beat

anyone have any comments on this rifle. pro or con looks good but would like some feedback on this rifle before getting one

Its the same action/rifle that Charles Daly sold. Find some forums and read about them. I dont personally have any experience with them, but what I have read they are OK actions, but Remington Uped the price with 10% and probably buys them cheaper than CD. So dont expect anything just because it says Remington on the action.

Its the cheapest (not cost but quality) of the Mauser/CRF actions out there, and I suspect remington just made the cheaper...

CZ or Montana rifleman is a better option..

I have the Charles Daly model in .270 and I can say its not the smoothest action I have ever felt as a matter of fact its kind of rough but it sure does shoot good and thats what matters to me. I shoot alot of.223 and such during the year but deer hunting only 2 weeks at most. So what I am saying is if you are looking for a basic sturdy rifle to use
a few times during the year they are just fine mine shoots 130 grain factory Hornady rounds from 3/4 to 1". So if you can find a Chales Daly before they are all gone you can save some $$$$

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.