Remington 700 UML Ultim. Muzzel loader plug

PopPop

I have a Remington 700 UML. I hard that the breech plugs can get damaged if something other than pellets are used. If so what type of plug is recommended for replacement.
thanks
PopPop

http://arrowheadsporting.com/asggen2_uml.html

You might want to take at this website. Encore, who a regular in the muzzleloader, turned me to them. They designed a breech plug that can resist the burning of breech plugs when using Blackhorn 209. This what I'm going to do when I get my Rem UML.

If you have any questions, look up Encore in the muzzleloader forum. He could answer anything you want.

Jason

From what I see, the new style breech plug, after each shot you have to use a nut driver/socket to reload. Am I correct or am I looking at the wrong thing.

A direct ignition plug you would need a nut driver to reprime the gun.. if you used the module system no need for the nut driver

I thought Hankins made a system that uses a cut-down .308 Win case and you deprime and reprime the empty piece of cartridge for your ignition source, and you can keep several of them already primed and ready to be loaded in your powder and bullet pack that you carry with you, for quick loading and repriming?

You might need to call him and ask him all your questions.

Here is the Hankins Primer modules... i would suggest Hankins for the plug but im not positive he is building them for replacements for the RUML you would have to call him

Module sitting in the bolt face

If I were to stay shooting with just the pellets, I am assuming I will be OK with the stock breech plug. What is every ones thoughts on this issue. I never even get shots over 150 yds. I only use it hunting.

Id imagine you would be fine with just sticking to the pellets.. i grew tired of cleaning the muzzleloaders and went the smokeless route and will never go back to blackpowder

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.