remington 700 trigger removal

justinc68

Currently trying to replace my remington 700 sps trigger.

The front pin will not move out of the way far enough to take the trigger out.

any suggestions on what i am doing wrong? the back pin moved without any trouble.

Thanks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWNXMQv3AM"]Gunsmithing - Complete Tear Down and Disassembly of a Remington 700 - YouTube[/ame]

Careful when removing the trigger housing from the action. Be sure to have the short disassembly pins in place before you do that so you don't have a sear spring flying across the room. You can get the short pins through Brownells and other shooting equipment suppliers.
It can be done without the short pins if you take your time and work carefully to hold the sear in place until you can get a nylon zip tie through the hole but if your hold slips - bye bye spring.

Yeah the spring flew out when i tried to move the rear pin and pushed it too far through.

How much of a problem will reassembly be?

Gunsmithing - Complete Tear Down and Disassembly of a Remington 700 - YouTube

Careful when removing the trigger housing from the action. Be sure to have the short disassembly pins in place before you do that so you don't have a sear spring flying across the room. You can get the short pins through Brownells and other shooting equipment suppliers.
It can be done without the short pins if you take your time and work carefully to hold the sear in place until you can get a nylon zip tie through the hole but if your hold slips - bye bye spring.

Great Video and thanks for the help.

Got it all figured out and back together. Thanks to the help of a friend with a 700 i could compare it too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.