Cerakote trigger removal question

Black Tail Hunter

I had to remove my scope to have it resealed, so I was contemplating cerakoting my action while I wait for the scope to get back. I assume the trigger should be removed due to the heat? If so you can see in the pic that the top right pin that holds the trigger in is staked into place. Do you just remove the swaged material with a dremel then stake it in again when done?

Attachments

• 20170717_204311.jpg
    20170717_204311.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 151
BT, if that's a Tikka the trigger, comes off with removal of the one 5mm hex screw. Think there's a YouTube video I looked at a few years ago.

Its a Sako M995, and I am fairly certain that the pin at the top left runs through a tang sticking down from the bottom of the receiver. I have taken the hex screw off before and the trigger seemed to be hung up on that pin.

The pin must be tapped out on the Sako. It may come out in only one direction. Google will probably have an article about the trigger removal. Good luck

BT,

I can't see the staking, but that trigger IIRC is very similar to the old howas. The pin has splines cut into it to grab in the pin hole. Remove the Cap screw, punch the pin out and trigger should drop free.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.