Remembering the Older Days of Reloading/Shooting

I've made it from San Diego to Cody Wy. in 17.5 to 18 hours many times and not driving crazy. 1160 mi. Just not stopping for anything but gas. Same going back. 2021 I took my time and made it from Cody to Winchester Ca. in 18.5 hrs. Closer than San Diego though. I always non stop both ways to save time. A little Jet Alert and 5 hour energy's and I'm fine. Maybe a hamburger and burrito along the way. At 63 yrs. old in 2021 I was wondering if I still could do it. Wasn't a problem. In 2019 I made it from Cody Wy. to Corona N.M. in 15 hrs.. 980 miles.

I've made it from San Diego to Cody Wy. in 17.5 to 18 hours many times and not driving crazy. 1160 mi. Just not stopping for anything but gas. Same going back. 2021 I took my time and made it from Cody to Winchester Ca. in 18.5 hrs. Closer than San Diego though. I always non stop both ways to save time. A little Jet Alert and 5 hour energy's and I'm fine. Maybe a hamburger and burrito along the way. At 63 yrs. old in 2021 I was wondering if I still could do it. Wasn't a problem. In 2019 I made it from Cody Wy. to Corona N.M. in 15 hrs.. 980 miles.
Prob on a flatbed?

There was a true value hardware in Russellville, Alabama. It was one of the best gun stores around great selection of items, some for reloading, and an even better selection of rifles, shotguns and such. However, they got out of the gun business. I don't know possibly eight years ago.🙁
I've done quite a lot of business at that Tru Value Hardware. I sure do miss them.

I know you were. I only owned one Chevy in my life. Got it when first got married 1991. Was a Blazer II. Mini Blazer. Had it one year. Junk. 4 Ford Trucks since 1982. Have had great luck with them.
I have had a few fords. I think a 1961, 1963, 1965,1966, 1970, 1972, 1977 and a 1979. Also owned Dodges and Chevys. The worst rig I owned was a Toyota 4 Runner followed by a Chevy S10 Blazer. Both were small and fuel mileage was crap on both. I can't say that I have a favorite brand. I work on them all, so I hate them equally.

I have had a few fords. I think a 1961, 1963, 1965,1966, 1970, 1972, 1977 and a 1979. Also owned Dodges and Chevys. The worst rig I owned was a Toyota 4 Runner followed by a Chevy S10 Blazer. Both were small and fuel mileage was crap on both. I can't say that I have a favorite brand. I work on them all, so I hate them equally.
S10 Blazer is what I had. The small one. Crap is right. I'll never by Government bailout Motors again in my life time.

S10 Blazer is what I had. The small one. Crap is right. I'll never by Government bailout Motors again in my life time.
Those weren't that good. I had a couple of those trucks and there always seemed to be an issue. MY '18 heavy 1/2 Chevy with a 6.2l has been great since I bought it new (48K on it now). State Farm doesn't like it much though as it's taken major hail and a deer hit at highway speed plus a rub into another pickup.
My wife's '16 Ram has been good too, with the only maintenance for the first 58K being replacing the front 1/2 shafts as the boots took a crap, the top center brake light, and grinding out/ repainting on a couple rust blisters in the rear wheel wells.
I suppose it's about time to dump the diffs and replace plugs if I keep both trucks.
My kid's Ford Escape has been a pain at times. I bought it for him with around 120K on it. It's eaten an alternator, 2 batteries, a rear signal (I wouldn't mention it but I had a devil of a time getting the light assembly off- bad design), and plugs in 15K. The turbo motor is hard on the oil too; I have been in it every few K on oil and it looks like crap halfway to the next change. It needs service again in the next couple weeks.

Those weren't that good. I had a couple of those trucks and there always seemed to be an issue. MY '18 heavy 1/2 Chevy with a 6.2l has been great since I bought it new (48K on it now). State Farm doesn't like it much though as it's taken major hail and a deer hit at highway speed plus a rub into another pickup.
My wife's '16 Ram has been good too, with the only maintenance for the first 58K being replacing the front 1/2 shafts as the boots took a crap, the top center brake light, and grinding out/ repainting on a couple rust blisters in the rear wheel wells.
I suppose it's about time to dump the diffs and replace plugs if I keep both trucks.
My kid's Ford Escape has been a pain at times. I bought it for him with around 120K on it. It's eaten an alternator, 2 batteries, a rear signal (I wouldn't mention it but I had a devil of a time getting the light assembly off- bad design), and plugs in 15K. The turbo motor is hard on the oil too; I have been in it every few K on oil and it looks like crap halfway to the next change. It needs service again in the next couple weeks.
I had an escape for a company car. Had to replace rear brake light once. I know what you mean... In my truck I drained and replaced both differential fluids with Synthetic about 15k ago. Same with power steering fluid . I put a synthetic additive in trans fluid about 15k ago. Trans still going strong at 220k. Change coolant around every 15k or so. Change fuel filters 15k. Oil 5k. Use Rotello synthetic or Synthetic blend. Been lucky so far.

Recent Posts