Remember the Accelerator line of cartridges?

Haha you can still buy sabots to load 22 cal projectiles in 30 cal rifles. The finding is universally that accuracy sucks. BUT it is interesting just for pure velocity research. A guy on YouTube has a few profanity laden vids of his findings with a 300 win mag. Gets a 55 grain to over 5100 fps and it doesn't matter if it's a soft point, hollow point, or whatever…at that speed it burns half inch holes in thick steel plates.

How many 22/06AI's have you seen?

One non ai built on some old timey action with the ugliest Richard's microfit stock I've ever seen with what appeared to be a 29 inch barrel on it.

It would be unique that's for sure.....

With that said.... I know a 74 year old woman who is 6' 3" and probably 200 lbds. While she is also unique... I've never ask her on a date!

One non ai built on some old timey action with the ugliest Richard's microfit stock I've ever seen with what appeared to be a 29 inch barrel on it.

It would be unique that's for sure.....

With that said.... I know a 74 year old woman who is 6' 3" and probably 200 lbds. While she is also unique... I've never ask her on a date!
I'm dead😂😂😂😂

Ok, I've tried many of the Remington Accelerator Sabot loads over the years in fact I still have a few original boxes of the .308 Win.
Today if I want a .30 cal Sabot (.22 bullet) I use Accelerato EABCO sabots, I've loaded them into everything from my M1 .30 Carbine and 7.62x39mm AK to .300 Wby Mag and more, actually, they shot much better out of my Ruger Single Six .30 Carbine revolver, So what have I found?

(1) You want nothing on the end of your barrel, when I was shooting an M1A with a flash hider (my first use of them) I couldn't figure out why I could hit a bull in the "A" at 100 yards, this was with Remington factory accelerator, after a couple of trips too and back checking the target I looked down and about 30 feet in front of the bench was these sabots with the peddles all chewed up, yep they were opening and hitting the flash hider on the way out.

(2) someone here made mention of a tank gun and perhaps a smooth bore might work, nope...but! a true HK polygonal barrel without a flash hider does shoot them much better.

(3) Faster twist barrel even with heavier bullets is not the answer. I've load bullets from .22 cal... from 40gr to 95gr's pretty much all the same.

(4) For some reason they just don't go fast easily, once you get close to 4000 fps you're pretty much there from my experience in trying to get them to go faster, maybe someone has some super sauce load that I don't know about and/or haven't tried???

(5) Never fire them in a suppressor or muzzle brake.

(6) Accelerator Sabot sucks they are just for fun, a novelty item.

That's my 0.2 on the subject. Cheers

Just because I have a couple thousand (no idea what brand but they aren't tan like Remington were ) I'm curious what type of accuracy you are getting???

Ok, I've tried many of the Remington Accelerator Sabot loads over the years in fact I still have a few original boxes of the .308 Win.
Today if I want a .30 cal Sabot (.22 bullet) I use Accelerato EABCO sabots, I've loaded them into everything from my M1 .30 Carbine and 7.62x39mm AK to .300 Wby Mag and more, actually, they shot much better out of my Ruger Single Six .30 Carbine revolver, So what have I found?

(1) You want nothing on the end of your barrel, when I was shooting an M1A with a flash hider (my first use of them) I couldn't figure out why I could hit a bull in the "A" at 100 yards, this was with Remington factory accelerator, after a couple of trips too and back checking the target I looked down and about 30 feet in front of the bench was these sabots with the peddles all chewed up, yep they were opening and hitting the flash hider on the way out.

(2) someone here made mention of a tank gun and perhaps a smooth bore might work, nope...but! a true HK polygonal barrel without a flash hider does shoot them much better.

(3) Faster twist barrel even with heavier bullets is not the answer. I've load bullets from .22 cal... from 40gr to 95gr's pretty much all the same.

(4) For some reason they just don't go fast easily, once you get close to 4000 fps you're pretty much there from my experience in trying to get them to go faster, maybe someone has some super sauce load that I don't know about and/or haven't tried???

(5) Never fire them in a suppressor or muzzle brake.

(6) Accelerator Sabot sucks they are just for fun, a novelty item.

That's my 0.2 on the subject. Cheers
Thanks for the input.

Just because I have a couple thousand (no idea what brand but they aren't tan like Remington were ) I'm curious what type of accuracy you are getting???
Loaded or just the sabot? if they are grey in color they might be EABCO
Accuracy depends on a lot of things, 3" moa in some guns, minute of Moose in others. Cheers

we were speaking of saboted rounds just the other day and these came up. None of us tried them, although I can picture the ad still. Out of the service, my one gun was a -06. Not accelerators, but Speer 125gr TNTs were my "varmint rounds", but no where near as accurate as an old Rem 722 I bought soon after.
PS I just ran those 35 yr old reloads ( speer 125 gr TNT and Accurate 2700 ) thru my M1 Garand and it loved them.