Reloading:

save it all if you have room for it. A lot of the old stuff is cool to have or worth money to collectors. I wouldn't try to use old powder, as you don't know the quality of it anymore. New powder is not that expensive compared to an overpressure from some powder gone bad.

If you know anybody that reloads and have them help you figure out if the powder is still good which I've had some power that was over 50 years old that we just finished using not too long ago. But you do need to know what you're looking for if it's starting to break down. Anything that you can use or be able to sell your way far money ahead and a lot of that older stuff is better quality

the guns are actually my next project. He's got over 22 rifles in the case along with numerous pistols. Those have no threat of bein thrown away which is why I figured I'd start here. Posting pictures of the rifles and learning more about them was my next goal.
More detailed pictures would help, s;pread the stuff out. There maybe some treasures in there. I take it that the guns that go with this stuff are long gone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 66
save it all if you have room for it. A lot of the old stuff is cool to have or worth money to collectors. I wouldn't try to use old powder, as you don't know the quality of it anymore. New powder is not that expensive compared to an overpressure from some powder gone bad.
Old powder is also still a wonderful fertilizer! Just cuz it's not useful for its original purpose doesn't mean it can't serve ANY purpose!

You have some very obsolete cartridges so if you have the guns for them that is the only way to shoot them. If not then the brass and ammo will sell for a premium. Looks like grandpa set u up. That all you can
Should have waited. If you are going to sell any of the guns. Blue Book of Gun Values. Just find someone you can trust and who really knows the value today.
No plans to sell anything. He was a Vietnam vet and I'm currently goin on 5 years in the navy. Just graduated BUD/S so into guns a bit myself. Shot thousands of rounds of 556 and 9mm through work but most of his stuff I couldn't tell you a single thing about.