Recommendation for black bear

Threejs

I would like to take my daughters bear hunting. Prefer somewhere in the US. Also would like to keep the shot distance around 200yds or less. Anyone know a good hunt in Maine or NY or Washington? Or anywhere?

Thanks guys

Are you looking for guided, or do-it-yourself?

I'm in Washington and have done fairly well on spot & stalk hunts here. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it does. I have taken a couple of 300+ yard shots, but normally 200 yards and less is quite possible. Our season started August 1st in much of the state, and on Sept 1st more of the state opened. The bears have been hunted pretty hard now, for a couple of months.

Guy

Here are a few Eastern NC bears taken on our farm:
bear5.jpg

bear1.jpg

Last edited:
What would be the average chance of getting a bear there? Considering the situation I need a hi-odds hunt. My girls are growing up and I only have a few years before they are off to college.

I would say the opportunity to kill a bear is close to 100%. I believe that may even be the guarantee with the Conman's guide service. These bears have really become a nuisance to most people in the area as the population has steadily grown. Give Mike Noles a call at Conman's. He is a great guide and family man who will look out for your daughters.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.