Recommend a forgiving bow to draw....

Got back into bowhunting a few years ago at age 64. Have shoulder issues and was recommended an Elite Ritual. Only shooting 55#, but had a pass through on 6x6 bull last year and gonna go again in September.

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
If your looking to go with a new Bow there are a lot of nice Bows with smooth draw cycles out there. Mathews, Bowtech, Darton, Elite, Hoyt to name a few.

I suggest going to a couple of dealers in your area and try them out. Lower poundage 55 to 60 with an 85% let off is awesome and will definitely do the job on Deer and Elk. Check your Regs for the max let off. Here in Nevada nothing over 80% is allowed.

I shoot a Mathews Triax 62# @274fps, very smooth. Hoyt Maxis 31, 62# @282fps. The new bow is a Hoyt Z1s 63# @ 298fps, but it's a bit aggressive because of the cam. I shot the Hoyt VTM and really liked it. It is super smooth, but went with the Z1s because it wasn't that much more aggressive of a draw cycle and I have never had a speed Bow so I had to get it. You should give the VTM in 55# a try.

Just my 2 cents

If your looking to go with a new Bow there are a lot of nice Bows with smooth draw cycles out there. Mathews, Bowtech, Darton, Elite, Hoyt to name a few.

I suggest going to a couple of dealers in your area and try them out. Lower poundage 55 to 60 with an 85% let off is awesome and will definitely do the job on Deer and Elk. Check your Regs for the max let off. Here in Nevada nothing over 80% is allowed.

I shoot a Mathews Triax 62# @274fps, very smooth. Hoyt Maxis 31, 62# @282fps. The new bow is a Hoyt Z1s 63# @ 298fps, but it's a bit aggressive because of the cam. I shot the Hoyt VTM and really liked it. It is super smooth, but went with the Z1s because it wasn't that much more aggressive of a draw cycle and I have never had a speed Bow so I had to get it. You should give the VTM in 55# a try.

Just my 2 cents
I haven't been able to find a Z1S in stock anywhere locally to test but that will likely be the replacement for my RX4 Turbo next year. I love a speed bow cranked down to 60-65 vs an 80# bow with a not so aggressive cam.

When my daughter got into bow hunting, she picked out a Diamond Infinite Edge. Set to her 30" draw length, at 35lb pull.
She has upped the draw weight to 45lb, about all she's wanting to do.

Myself, I bought an APA Viper Air. Set to 50lb draw from the factory.

My daughter tried mine & can draw no problem.

While at the Harrisburg, PA. outdoor show she tried an APA Mamba, set at 65lb pull.
She drew it without much issue, and has one on order set for 50lb.

The APA are quiet, and I shoot mine without a stabilizer.