Quality big/tall hunting clothing

DT400

For 30 years I have bought almost exclusively Cabelas outdoor clothing (jackets, gloves, long jihns, pants etc.)due to the fact they make tall clothing that actually fits tall people and it was good quality and a fair price. Well now their clothing selection has tanked and they don't carry anything near the selection they used to.
I am in need of new clothing, right now really just fleece, or berber pants for use while hunting. I am not looking for fleece sweat pants but actual warm hunting gear.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have tried Amazon, King Size, Cabelas, Bass Pro and just can't find anything good.
Lots of places sell good gear but not to fit tall people. We are very limited in selection and suppliers.

Darrell

For 30 years I have bought almost exclusively Cabelas outdoor clothing (jackets, gloves, long jihns, pants etc.)due to the fact they make tall clothing that actually fits tall people and it was good quality and a fair price. Well now their clothing selection has tanked and they don't carry anything near the selection they used to.
I am in need of new clothing, right now really just fleece, or berber pants for use while hunting. I am not looking for fleece sweat pants but actual warm hunting gear.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have tried Amazon, King Size, Cabelas, Bass Pro and just can't find anything good.
Lots of places sell good gear but not to fit tall people. We are very limited in selection and suppliers.

Darrell
Try Carhartt or JC Penney online. Both carry tall sizes.

I'm in the same boat as used and have started looking to eBay for used in new condition.
I find it hard to Tall clothing also and yes Cabelas is heading down hill in there hunting clothes.

I'm 6'6" I wear first lite clothing it fits great. I'm also wanting to try pnuma they have tall in about everything they sell.

6'7" 265....first light 2xl tops and xl tall pants is the hunting clothing I have found to fit best. Kuiu pants run about 35 inseam but you can take the hem out to get them to 36.

Thanks guys. Seems I am not alone. I'm 6`5" and 280...would like to lose about 40 lbs but I'm realist and doubt I'll do it.
I'll check into the clothing lines mentioned.
I did find a water,windproof shell jacket from Cabelas that fits over all of my layers but am still looking for midweight fleece mountaineering style pants.

Darrell

Sitka makes tall sizes I'm 6'6" 270ish and there stuff fits me. Only hunting pants in camo I have found long enough. Top quality but pricy.

I'm your twin and face the same issues. I wear 4xl and 52-54 waist. I've bought from BIGCAMMO.com

big sizes go fast but I complain all the time, telling retailers they need more MEN'S sized clothing.
Amazon Big and Tall Cammo also

- basspro (i know you said they dont have anything good, but i have some tall stuff from them).

- firstlite - fits me well, and when its on sale, OK priced.

- sitka - friends have this and paid out the nose since they didnt wait for a sale.

I finally stopped growing at 6'8", 230, and sz15D, and thought I was fat... Little did I know.. :)
I also grew up in the King Size catalog in Brockton Mass. Now many years later I've shrunk down to 6'5" and blossomed up to 360, but thankfully I'm now back down to 290.
Locally, 95608, there's a big man's shop.. been several over the years.. called Big and
Tall. The original store was located on 3rd and Market Street in San Francisco, and I used to sell them over sized 10X hunting jackets when I rep'd the line.. 3xl-8xl. I don't know if they still carry the hunting jackets, but they do carry some very big XLT sizes...
Luckily I discovered eBay, and have saved a ton of $'s buying clothing, shoes, and leisure activity equipment. You just need to shop for Made in the USA items and brand names. Stay away from Made in China, or Hecho en Mexico.. If it ships from China..stay away it's cheaply made. I have found that HEM are pretty good.

MidwayUSA carry large and tall sizes in different brands. I'm 6'5 and 240 and am always looking through the clearance section and find great deals.

i have a few midway things and they are pretty solid. especially if you want to match pattern across a set of equipment.

6'7" and dropped down to 219 by cutting the hell out of carbs and some modest exercise. Planning on hanging in there at this weight and taking the workouts up after season. At 53 the hills keep getting steeper.

Have had pretty good luck with some Filson wool pants. I can wear Kryptek stuff pretty well too. Trying some new wool blend tops this year that are spendy and made in CO. Will report back in a few weeks what I think of them.

Battled a bit of a foot injury and convinced packing 21 less pounds of body weight is really helping me deal with it as best I can. The struggle is real though for quality outgear for tall guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts