• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Portable Shooting Benches!!! SPF

Huntinfool

They are all sold pending funds!

Thanks to all!!

~HF~

Hey Guys my next door neighbor just happens to be an expert cabinet maker. I went to him asking him to make me a portable shooting bench.

It's similar to other benches I've seen on the net. But we added a few extras like the rifle rest notches on the side.

He made me one and one for a friend they turned out so nice I thought I'd share it with you guys. He uses cabinet grade plywood and only the best of materials. He said he would make one for any of my friends for $88.00 plus actual S&H charges of course.

The materials run fairly high so I think that's a pretty good price! They will be ready for fine sanding and painting. We figured it best to let folk paint or stain as they see fit.

I'm going to camo paint mine, but some might like to stain and varnish to show the wood grain, if you do I suggest light stain so as not to absorb heat!

There's no hurry but as of right now there's no waiting period. I can't wait to get out and use mine.

It's 24" wide X 40" long 31" high collapsed it's 4" thick and weighs about 20 pounds! All exposed corners and edges are rounded off.

Contact info: [email protected]

BoogerBench007res.jpg

BoogerBench003res.jpg

BoogerBench002res.jpg

BoogerBench001res.jpg

Thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
Portable Shooting Benches!!

A guy on another forum gave us these tips.

If you would like to make your table adjustable for height, just get some 3/4" electrical conduit. The metal stuff. Cut it to the desired length and slide it into the bottom of your legs. I secured mine with self tapping screws.

Then put some cane tips (rubber) on the bottom of your new leg extensions. This will help stop the table from sinking into the dirt.

The leg extensions will put your table at a comfortable height for you. They can also make the table sit level if you desire.

Is it sturdy? My long shot to date is a prairie dog at 684 yards with my 6mm. Only took 2 shots. While certainly not concrete bench stable, it seems to be stable enough for my needs. And much lighter!

Good shooting,

Moose57

Thanks,
Chuck

------------------
Yesterday Is Wood, Tomorrow Is Ashes.
Only Today Does The Fire Burn Brightly.
Visit my web site

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/

Here's a pic a customer sent me, he carpeted his benches.

He bought the one on the right 1st, he said his wife liked his so much he had to order her one she got a custom one with only one cut out and one handhold.

He said he's giving the contact glue time to dry before he cuts out the handholds.

PSBShootEms.jpg

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck,

Is that a 3/4" furniture grade plywood, or is it 1"?

Do you supply the legs, or do I need to find them? If so, where?

Any idea on shipping out to Washington State?

Bill

Went Groundhoggin Today!!

Might as well have stayed home almost still beats setting on the couch!

At least I finally got out of the house today. I still didn't get a finish on the bench. Oh well I'll get to it sooner or later.

Took everything but the kitchen sink and my comeups for my .308. And of course the only shots we got were between 450 and 515 yards.

My friend and I both missed by a few inches either high or low. Should've killed at least 2 or 3 pigs. Oh well they'll be there next time I get to go. Next time I'll have several print outs of my comeups.

I'm ashamed that I haven't had the .308 out shooting long distance in a couple three years. So I couldn't remember the comeups at all!

GreathouseFamilyFarm006res.jpg

The far right hand corner of this field is right at 520 yards.
GreathouseFamilyFarm004res.jpg

GreathouseFamilyFarm002res.jpg

Chuck

Hey Bwaites

They come to you ready to fine sand and finish they are just like the one I used today in the pictures above.

If you'll send me your City and Zip via e-mail I'll get a price right out to ya!

[email protected]

Thanks,
Chuck

Fixed that problem!

Yeah, I'll bet the comeups go with me next time that is if I take the rifle.

Riflewithcomeupsattached003.jpg

Chuck

We've got some benches made and ready to ship fellows. Better jump while the jumpin's good.

Thanks,
Chuck

Target Stands!

Recently I've had a few folk ask if I had plans to build a target stand of any type. So I thought I'd show the ones I've been using for several years. They are easy to make I used 2x4s for the base for stability. Cut it so you only use one stud approx. 24" for each piece.

Targetstand002.jpg

You leave just enough space between the boards in the base for your top to fit in. It's been a while since I made these. But I believe I made the tops then put the base together using the top for a spacer so I knew it would be a tight fit.

Targetstand004.jpg

I also made mine tall enough to hold man silhouette targets for combat style shooting as well as standard targets.

Targetstand003.jpg

I suppose one could make a short top also for ease of transport. I don't have a pickup anymore and these barely fit into my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I just used 2 1/2" sheet rock screws to build mine I used them for 8 or 9 years so far.

Targetstand005.jpg

Chuck

So the legs will fold flat. It makes the bench just a litle unlevel. Which doesn't seem to bother most people because most folks will using the bench on terra firma.

But if it does concern you all you have to do is trim 3/4" off the back legs.

The only way I feel that would be needed is if you only used it on a flat, level, surface such as a concrete pad.

Thanks for asking,

Chuck

Portable Shootin' Benches!

No, it's not all that obvious. There is no such thing as a dumb question!

Thanks,
Chuck