Pleaseee No!!!

Muddyboots

B5E6F0B8-EE09-4A68-A0D4-4E92B68E291A.jpeg

Heck...I remember when it didn't take 'cash to buy a gallon if gasoline.....
It was only .25/gallon....I could scrounge up enough beer bottles and cans on a all to town to get a gallon of gas for the Honda Trail 70...and an ice cream....
As for bacon.....it's okay....but can do without....goes for the actor too.....well..besides his role in Tremors

When I started driving gas was $0.21per gallon, a case of Stegmeyer Beer was $3.85 and a Berger/Fries was $0.98. So when I went on a date we got Two Burgers & Fries, a case of beer and filled the 16 gallon tank on my 69 Ford Pickup and went for a drive and then to a farmer's field. All this for less than $10.00

When I started driving gas was $0.21per gallon, a case of Stegmeyer Beer was $3.85 and a Berger/Fries was $0.98. So when I went on a date we got Two Burgers & Fries, a case of beer and filled the 16 gallon tank on my 69 Ford Pickup and went for a drive and then to a farmer's field. All this for less than $10.00
Now there's a name I haven't heard in many years!! Stegmaier beer!! Used to swipe a quart from my old man's refer on the back porch on Friday nights & share with the guys!! Those were great times!!

Now there's a name I haven't heard in many years!! Stegmaier beer!! Used to swipe a quart from my old man's refer on the back porch on Friday nights & share with the guys!! Those were great times!!
Stegmaier beer! was in Wilkes - Barre, PA. Won several World Gold Medal Titles for Beer. Didn't know what people saw in the Taste. We bought it because it was inexpensive.
We also had another Brewery - "GIBBONS" in Wilkes-Barre. PA. They had "TAP ROOMS" in both Breweries. FREE Beer every Friday Afternoon!!!
"THOSE WERE THE GOLD OLD DAYS"!
BW64 - Where were you located when you swiped a bottle?
Thanks
Len

Stegmaier beer! was in Wilkes - Barre, PA. Won several World Gold Medal Titles for Beer. Didn't know what people saw in the Taste. We bought it because it was inexpensive.
We also had another Brewery - "GIBBONS" in Wilkes-Barre. PA. They had "TAP ROOMS" in both Breweries. FREE Beer every Friday Afternoon!!!
"THOSE WERE THE GOLD OLD DAYS"!
BW64 - Where were you located when you swiped a bottle?
Thanks
Len
GIBBONS?????? EW!!! Headache beer!! LOL I remember 18 cents gas. We used to cruise the avenue then get 50cents worth of gas back in Dad's car. LOL Lived in West Pittston until 1965 then moved to NJ. !! Had relatives in WB named Eike. Grandma had a little mom & pop store in Kingston!

GIBBONS?????? EW!!! Headache beer!! LOL I remember 18 cents gas. We used to cruise the avenue then get 50cents worth of gas back in Dad's car. LOL Lived in West Pittston until 1965 then moved to NJ. !! Had relatives in WB named Eike. Grandma had a little mom & pop store in Kingston!
Off topic
Yea Gibbons - we called it Pi** beer because it was watered down.
I lived in Bear Creek (the mountains)-the other side of the river from Kingston and City.
Pittston - GREAT Pizza. I had many dinners and lunches with the Bufalino Family.
Great times and a place to live many years ago.
In the 60s & 70s there was a saying. "If you want to get away with murder go to Wilkes-Barre"
There may have been corruption and Mob presence, but no one tolerated any crimes against children, families. Left our doors unlocked and keys in our cars. God forbid if you were a petty thief.

Off topic
Yea Gibbons - we called it Pi** beer because it was watered down.
I lived in Bear Creek (the mountains)-the other side of the river from Kingston and City.
Pittston - GREAT Pizza. I had many dinners and lunches with the Bufalino Family.
Great times and a place to live many years ago.
In the 60s & 70s there was a saying. "If you want to get away with murder go to Wilkes-Barre"
There may have been corruption and Mob presence, but no one tolerated any crimes against children, families. Left our doors unlocked and keys in our cars. God forbid if you were a petty thief.
Yes sir. My first job was with the mob driving a truck. Grew up with the Medicos, Buteras, Brunos. We used to hunt near Bear Creek. Used to go to the Carrousel (I think)on the square in WB. Summers we spent at Harveys Lake. Good times there! Murder in WB was the norm. LOL Lots of bodies in the mines & pits.