Pants advice

chav0_12

I'm needing some new pants to hunt this year's archery and rifle season since my First Lite pants are falling apart. I've been looking hard at the Stone Glacier 206 and the De Havilland Lite. At the same time I've been considering the Sitka Mountain and Traverse pants. I'd like to hear from some people that have experience with these pants and perhaps would like to hear some comparisons.

I've been using the Sitka mountain and timberline pants. Basically (this is just me probably not what anyone else would do) I wear the mountain pants for archery season or another words warmer weather. If cooler or wet I will use the timberline pants. Cold weather I will add a pair of merino wool. Add a pair of gators in wet weather. If I'm not mistaken the timberline have water proof knees and seat area. I've hunted in pretty good rain storms and snow storms and never been wet. I hunt in Eastern Oregon and Western Idaho. So not sure how my setup would work in some of the areas that can really get wet. They seem to run pretty true to size. And seem to be pretty tough. Although I'm not going through blackberry bushes and etc. Not sure if this helps or not. Good luck with your decision.

I've been using the Sitka mountain and timberline pants. Basically (this is just me probably not what anyone else would do) I wear the mountain pants for archery season or another words warmer weather. If cooler or wet I will use the timberline pants. Cold weather I will add a pair of merino wool. Add a pair of gators in wet weather. If I'm not mistaken the timberline have water proof knees and seat area. I've hunted in pretty good rain storms and snow storms and never been wet. I hunt in Eastern Oregon and Western Idaho. So not sure how my setup would work in some of the areas that can really get wet. They seem to run pretty true to size. And seem to be pretty tough. Although I'm not going through blackberry bushes and etc. Not sure if this helps or not. Good luck with your decision.
I have a buddy that has the Stone Glacier M7 pants and I think those are probably similar to the Timberlines. I try to be finished hunting when the weather turns to a point where I need something that warm on my legs. I just saw the Sitka Intercept pants and am kind of intrigued by those too. I've pretty much been wearing the same pair of First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants for the last 6 or 7 years and their DWR is completely gone and they don't seem to want to take anymore either. I can usually get through the whole season including trips to AZ in the spring with one pair of pants. I'm sorta looking for something that will do that as well as adding a lighter weight pair of pants too.

I've really enjoyed my King's Camo preacher pant. I'm a tall lanky guy and they are fairly slim fitting. My hunting buddies say I should be a hunting gear model which how they look on me, but heck, they fit great, are comfortable and are one less piece of gear that I have to worry about failing on me in the field.

Thanks everyone. I actually ended up with the SG 206 and the Sitka Intercept pants. I'm really liking both of them but next week will be the decider in which one I like more after hunting elk in them for a week.

Both the SG De Havilland Lite and M7s are great as they are my preferred pants. The De Havilland Lite for early season and M7 for mid to late season when the weather starts to cool off. The De Havilland pants are good for mid season but are not needed if you have the Lite and M7 in my opinion. If you go with the DH Lite pants make sure you get knee pad inserts. I am 6'2" have a 35-36" waist and the large size in both pants fit me perfect. I have KUIU pants which are fine but like the SG better as they seem more durable and fit me better. I don't have any experience with Sitka, First Lite, and King's camo but have heard good things about them.

I have both Sitka Timberline and Skre Hardscrabble and like them both. Skre is a little more affordable, but all the Sitka brand clothing I have is well worth the extra money

I wear the Sitka timberline for 80% of the season and absolutely love those pants.

Long time user of First Lite Corrugare Guides and Obsidians. Love both, definitely prefer the Obsidian for bow season. I put them through some pretty heinous bushwhacking and they seem to hold up (for me at least) a lot better than people say they do.

I will say I have wanted some Kuiu Kutana's for awhile. You don't really see them available nearly as often as any other pant in the buy/sell/trade groups and forums, which probably means they are as outstanding as people say they are.

I'm needing some new pants to hunt this year's archery and rifle season since my First Lite pants are falling apart. I've been looking hard at the Stone Glacier 206 and the De Havilland Lite. At the same time I've been considering the Sitka Mountain and Traverse pants. I'd like to hear from some people that have experience with these pants and perhaps would like to hear some comparisons.
Prana Zion is a good way to roll

Have Kuiu Attack pants and have served me from antelope in August till late cow season hunts in January. The best I have worn for all the different temps with layering underneath them and have tore one small hole in the pants in over 7 years that I have been wearing them. Definitely the go to and I have a hard time buying another pant from Kuiu as they work the best for me all around.

Recent Posts