Painting a stock

Painted my first stock today. Used Testors brand spray paint, natural sponge and rustoleum matte clear. Started with a black EH1. Sanded with 400 grit. Cleaned with mineral spirits. Taped off buttpad. Sprayed paint onto paper plate. Sponged on and cleared. I'm happy with it.
View attachment 571332
View attachment 571333
Very nice pattern, and color scheme. My 22br stock needs a face lift. Great 💡 ideas.

DIY Duracoat on the stock with a mixture of multi-cam and Kuiu stencils and an Amazon Special Airbrush kit.
The Barrel and action were painted with air cure cerekote.

Attachments

• 20240129_152231.jpg
    20240129_152231.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240129_122112.jpg
    20240129_122112.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 43
I too have dabbled with painting, and repainting a few of my stocks. My most recent was a HS precision Police stock. It was quite scratched up when I got the gun used. I sanded and prepped, and finish cleaned with acetone. Let it flash off, and pre heated it with propane space heater. I then used Rustoleum texture paint, and have learned how to apply it properly. After it was dry, very dry, I then used black camo paint, two coats. It looks like it did when it was new. My next venture is a BC medalist on my 22br. Gonna do a camo scheme on that one. Some great paint jobs here guys.

Painted my first stock today. Used Testors brand spray paint, natural sponge and rustoleum matte clear. Started with a black EH1. Sanded with 400 grit. Cleaned with mineral spirits. Taped off buttpad. Sprayed paint onto paper plate. Sponged on and cleared. I'm happy with it.
View attachment 571332
View attachment 571333
How much do you charge.?!

max
2k is very durable and resistant to many things.
Hey There SDPlinkler
Hope you and your family are doing well.
I tried to PM you but your profile is not working. I just want to ask you about using the MAX Spray Paint Cans. We purchased several cans of the Clear Coat and there really is not any instructions on the cans the language is in Spanish-not English. Looks like there is a can inside of a can for Two Parts to be mixed.
Prep -surface should cleaned. Should it be sanded with 400-600 grit?
Is there a time length between coats?
Can it be put in an oven to cure?
Time after the last coat to be used?
Anything else?

Thanks
Len & Jill

Wish I could take credit for any of it, but being half colorblind I left it all to the artist.
And he blew me away with this.
Pucker Factor Precision.👏
IMG_9021.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9020.jpeg
    IMG_9020.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: