Out for groundhogs twice in the last week.

ohlongarmisle

Fourteen down, all drt 17 Hornet ,Hawke 6x24x30 long range dot reticle.
Shots were from 115 to 250 yards all lasered the one spot was no till corn, you can see my setup way out there by the truck set up on hay bale, the gh shot is at 185 yards.This field will be done in two weeks when the corn will hide the , the alfalfa fields are good all year one thousand acres.I'm running suppressed a Liberty titanium, you can hear the bullet hit before the downrange crack, drives the gh nuts,shooting American eagle black tipped at 3610 fps.On impact the dust cloud off the groundhogs is amazing.Check below for an addendum of more pictures.In reply.

Attachments

• fs.jpeg
    fs.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 65
  • fs12.jpeg
    fs12.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 56
  • fs11.jpeg
    fs11.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 51
  • fs10.jpeg
    fs10.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 60
  • fs9.jpeg
    fs9.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 62
  • fs7.jpeg
    fs7.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 68
  • fs6.jpeg
    fs6.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 59
  • fs4.jpeg
    fs4.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 59
  • fs3.jpeg
    fs3.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 58
  • fs2.jpeg
    fs2.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know they were that big. There are around my area of Texas. I guess there is to much rock for them to dig through.
Congratulations!

Shots were from 115 to 250 yards all lasered the one spot was no till corn, you can see my setup way out there by the truck set up on hay bale, the gh shot is at 185 yards.This field will be done in two weeks when the corn will hide the , the alfalfa fields are good all year one thousand acres.I'm running suppressed a Liberty titanium, you can hear the bullet hit before the downrange crack, drives the gh nuts,shooting American eagle black tipped at 3610 fps.On impact the dust cloud off the groundhogs is amazing.Check below for an addendum of more pictures.In reply.
More pics.The one near his hole took a hit at 210 yards drt,the other one just had his nose out at 100 yards and took a 17 hornet in it drt.

Attachments

• add6.jpeg
    add6.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 48
  • add5.jpeg
    add5.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 43
  • add4.jpeg
    add4.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 41
  • add3.jpeg
    add3.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 37
  • add2.jpeg
    add2.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 44
  • add1.jpeg
    add1.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 35
  • add.jpeg
    add.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 39
  • add7.jpeg
    add7.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 38
Hello ohlongarmisle ,

After reading of your Hawke LR Dot reticle scope , I went to the Hawke website , and I really like their illuminated LR Dot reticle .
I think that you have a winner !

I really prefer a dot reticle for all shooting , after having numerous Leupold scopes converted to their "Leupold Dot" reticle back in the 1980's and 1990's . Sadly , they no longer offer this reticle .
The Hawke LR Dot reticle is about as close to the Leupold Dot as I have found .
Premier Reticles used to offer reticle changeovers , but , unfortunately , they are no longer in business .

Great photos and good shooting . Continue posting .

DMP25-06

Hello ohlongarmisle ,

After reading of your Hawke LR Dot reticle scope , I went to the Hawke website , and I really like their illuminated LR Dot reticle .
I think that you have a winner !

I really prefer a dot reticle for all shooting , after having numerous Leupold scopes converted to their "Leupold Dot" reticle back in the 1980's and 1990's . Sadly , they no longer offer this reticle .
The Hawke LR Dot reticle is about as close to the Leupold Dot as I have found .
Premier Reticles used to offer reticle changeovers , but , unfortunately , they are no longer in business .

Great photos and good shooting . Continue posting .

DMP25-06
THX for the kind words, i hope I don't hurt anybody's feelings like I did last year.
He thought it wasn't fair to post more than a few pictures of kills. 👍 a dot inmo is the only way to go for long range varmints,fastest target acquisition, fast no hesitation, learned that years back in metro swat training.