Out again today,not bad,I'm really starting to like this 17WSM.All succumbed to Winchester Varmint X 15 grain polymer tip rapid expansion @3300 fps.

Ohlongarm

All dead right there tail twitching only,75 to 150 yards only.
hogs.jpeg

Sweet!! What rifle are you using?
Savage Bmag,however today I just dropped it off at Kelblys in Dalton Ohio,they are putting a hardwood stock on it,free floating the barrel and pillar bedding.They are renowned for their custom rifles,and are doing me a good turn. They build rifles and ship them worldwide including to some of the Trumps. The cheap plastic stock that Savage uses it not conducive to the accuracy, I require. My rifle shoots acceptable for the most part but will improve with the procedures I'm having done,Boyds hardwood stock in forest camo.

Savage Bmag,however today I just dropped it off at Kelblys in Dalton Ohio,they are putting a hardwood stock on it,free floating the barrel and pillar bedding.
The Bmag is an odd duck, it's nothing like a centerfire action. Considering the kind of work Kelbly does and what they typically work on, I actually quite shocked they do any work to a Bmag.

I suppose you can have pillars installed in the stock but if you are familiar at all with the Bmag and how it all goes together, I'm not sure there is any point to it, particularly for the rear. The Bmag uses escutcheons that sorta act like a pillar. Like I said, the Bmag is an odd one and the action design doesn't really leave much to bed. Most Bmag owners bed the barrel and call that a bedding job, but bedding the barrel isn't even remotely the same as bedding the action.

I had my gunsmith bed the action, well sorta, on my HBSS Bmag when I put it in a Boyd's ProVarmint stock but the only place it really allows you to bed is the front part of the action and he said it was a real PITA to bed just that part of it.

The Bmag is an odd duck, it's nothing like a centerfire action. Considering the kind of work Kelbly does and what they typically work on, I actually quite shocked they do any work to a Bmag.

I suppose you can have pillars installed in the stock but if you are familiar at all with the Bmag and how it all goes together, I'm not sure there is any point to it, particularly for the rear. The Bmag uses escutcheons that sorta act like a pillar. Like I said, the Bmag is an odd one and the action design doesn't really leave much to bed. Most Bmag owners bed the barrel and call that a bedding job, but bedding the barrel isn't even remotely the same as bedding the action.

I had my gunsmith bed the action, well sorta, on my HBSS Bmag when I put it in a Boyd's ProVarmint stock but the only place it really allows you to bed is the front part of the action and he said it was a real PITA to bed just that part of it.
You're spot on,but Ian Kelbly is a good friend,and in reality doing me a favor,if it improves the accuracy 20% on my heavy barrel,i'm happy. he seems confident and will have it back next week.My accuracy would be acceptable to some but not me,i'll post my first shots with mine later.

You're spot on,but Ian Kelbly is a good friend,and in reality doing me a favor,if it improves the accuracy 20% on my heavy barrel,i'm happy. he seems confident and will have it back next week.My accuracy would be acceptable to some but not me,i'll post my first shots with mine later.
I'm very interested in you posting pictures of what they all do to the stock and how they bed it, if they do at all.

I'd definitely like to see pics of the stock in the action area, without the barreled action in it, when you get it back so please post some of those pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.