optics

D Scott

Im planning on getting that new savage 260 LRP, right now I have a nice swaro 6-18 on my 22-250 but dont shoot past 500 yrds with it, I want to put it on the 260 until i save up for another scope, my question is this, the scope has about 40 moa of internal adjustment, can I put a 15 moa rail on the 260 and still zero it to a hundred yards to work up loads, will the 5 moa difference present any problems at the closer ranges, I tried a 20 moa rail just to experiment but it was a no go just from a boresighting perspective. thanks

Im planning on getting that new savage 260 LRP, right now I have a nice swaro 6-18 on my 22-250 but dont shoot past 500 yrds with it, I want to put it on the 260 until i save up for another scope, my question is this, the scope has about 40 moa of internal adjustment, can I put a 15 moa rail on the 260 and still zero it to a hundred yards to work up loads, will the 5 moa difference present any problems at the closer ranges, I tried a 20 moa rail just to experiment but it was a no go just from a boresighting perspective. thanks

I have a 6-18 with a TDS reticle I recently took of my 300RUM. I haven't looked under the cap lately but I would't want to dial elevation with that turret.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my 6-18. Most solutions involve spending more money to put it on a gun I would need to buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.