Opinion on semi auto pistol for women

Thanks for all your help. That is the problem there is no ranges close buy that you can rent to try out that is the problem. I think see would like the cz 75if it fits her hand
That does make it more challenging. Any close friends with any to borrow? It really does make a big difference and help to try before you buy even if it takes a drive to do so. Closest one to me is about 1.5hr drive but was worth every mile.

The Canik MC9 is my favorite carry pistol. Not snappy at all. Comfortable to carry because it is thin. Accurate.

Attachments

• 20230726_180953.jpg
    20230726_180953.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 10
Due to work I have shot and helped men and women learn to shoot all kinds of small "pocket" pistols way back to when the Seecamp 32 came out. It is unavoidable to have more felt recoil the lighter and smaller the pistol is. Newton has not been wiped from history for some new day evil claim. If you have it available to use, or go to a rental shop if not. FOR ME THE KEY IS NEVER ALLOW THE PEANUT GALLARY OR YOURSELF TO SAY ONE WORD OF OPINION!! In the last five years to so I just take a handful of handguns with the prospective new owner. First they eliminate a few right away for fit, comfort, weight, both in hand and how they will carry it. On the range they eliminate a few more then even go back to what they initially eliminated. Not one has wanted a 9mm over a 380 after shooting similar sized pistols. Most in experience seems to go with a standard P365 size in 9/380 for shooting. For real carry every day the Micro 380's (LCP size) win even though the recoil is sharp.

Have her try a Glock 19. The slightly larger frame and longer barrel make it fairly smooth. My wife shoots one lights out but carries a S&W 340 PD. Shoots the 38s. She is VERY good with a pistol.

IME, a striker fire or revolver are a best fit for shooters who might not be able to practice enough to "operate" a 1911 style pistol.

Last edited:
Have her try a Glock 19. The slightly larger frame and longer barrel make it fairly smooth. My wife shoots one lights out but carries a S&W 340 PD. Shoots the 38s. She is VERY good with a pistol.

IME, a striker fire or revolver are a best fit for shooters who might not be able to practice enough to "operate" a 1911 style pistol.
I agree. It's hard to beat a 19. They're even better when you put some money into them.

I carried a Kimber 3" 1911 in .45. Now there was some muzzle flip. I carry my modded out 19 now and never looked back. I can conceal it very well with relaxed summer clothes easily.

I'm sniffing around for a sub compact and all that have been mentioned are what I'm looking at too. Really considering the 43x.…Or the shield plus…or one of the p365s…decisions, decisions. Wish I could afford to just buy them all.

Do some research on YouTube. I've seen some gals that do vids on what and how they carry. If tighter fitting clothes are involved, concealment is obviously tougher and leads you towards very small pistols. Carrying on her person is always better than in the purse, backpack, etc.

Will this be her first gun?