Off Barrel Mount for MagnetoSpeed V3

rfd

Are there any off-barrel mounts for the MagnetoSpeed V3 for a laminated wood stock?

Here's one of my long range rifles - Ruger action, Preferred Barrels s/s 26", Boyd's Spike Camp stock, Harris bipod.

jWqIbmN.jpg

Thanks for the link to that adapter plate. I was bout to start looking for one and that saved me some time.
I have a magnetospeed on an older wiser rail that I have only used on an AR and wanted to use it on my other rifles and that may do the trick.
Word of caution though, multiple reviewers have had the pin fall out that holds the sling to the pic rail.

Yeah, I've seen the reviews of that rail adapter. The loose pin thing is all about the hole size of the existing stud's hole - they chose to supply one pin and that means it will be a one-size-fits-all kinda thing, so it will err on the small diameter size. As far as the pin falling out, looks like it can't as the rubber spacer holds it in and attaching the actual pic rail with the 2 machine screws is s'posed to lock it all up - I've seen this in YouTube vids. There's also s'posed to be a 5* angle of adjustment, so that the rail itself can be made parallel to the bbl. This all sounds good, but the proof is in the actual installation and the final functional results. I have this Caldwell pic rail adapter coming, along with a Wiser off bbl MS V3 mount. I shall report back here the good, the bad, or the downright ugly.

Then I will probably wait for your review before I grab one. Not like I can get to testing it anytime soon anyways.

Smart move ... ya never know what to actually expect. Anyhoo, both the Caldwell pic adapter and the Wiser V3 mount are s'posed to arrive this Friday.

I've checked out MK Machine's adapter, won't work for me or anyone with a "normal" rifle stock. Wiser was the outfit that turned me onto the Caldwell adapter and I prefer the very robust Wiser MS V3 Pro mounting system.

If the stock had a pic rail I wouldn't be making this post. ;)

This may be the answer ...

View attachment 420472

I have this adapter mounted on my 300WM Hogue rubber stock (soft rubber is probably the worst scenario for this adapter) and it works very well with the Wiser Mount. I was concerned that being rubber I would not get it tight enough to not move. Not a problem, the above adapter has 2 jam screws on the bottom that push a flat bar against the rubber stock pinching the sling stud super tight. It should work very well on your stiffer wood stock. I move mine from my Hogue tapered stock to a straight MDT ACC chassis, to my buddy's stocks without any problems once I bought the Wiser Pro upgrade. The only thing I can think that could possibly cause you a problem using this Pic adapter is pulling the sling stud out of your stock if it is not anchored well into metal and only screwed into your soft wooden stock.

If you don't already own a Wiser Mount, make sure you get their Wiser Pro as it is light years easier to adjust the tilt angle from one rifle stock to another. They still need to improve the front height adjustment by adding an adjustment screw to move the bracket up/down more precisely. If you already own the older mount, you can order an upgrade to the Pro model at a great discount. Well worth the upgrade if you're using it on various rifle stock designs/tapers. Here's how much tilt adjustment was required to move the Wiser Pro from the Hogue stock to the MDT stock.

Attachments

• Wiser Pro Mount1.jpg
    Wiser Pro Mount1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Wiser Pro Mount2.jpg
    Wiser Pro Mount2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thanx for the good scoop, JM2, much obliged. I ordered the Pro model - I think that's all they offer now anyway. The Boyd's stock is Hard as a rock and made with thin wood/epoxy laminations, super stiff. The sling stud is well mounted, too.

I made a metal plate that screwed on my tripod and the magneto speed. If you do this get the shield that it's on the magneto speed.

Attachments

• 119E9562-2925-41A1-9EEF-39B0F58A7CD2.jpeg
    119E9562-2925-41A1-9EEF-39B0F58A7CD2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 2AAB3AE5-603E-48D7-84A0-53D826F6FFDC.jpeg
    2AAB3AE5-603E-48D7-84A0-53D826F6FFDC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34