O-Rings for 1100

bamban

I am totally lost when it comes to shotguns. A friend told me to replace the O-rings in my 1100 that I bought used in the late 90s. I checked the errornet I found some kits.

Question. Are the kits my best option or are there specialty O-rings that are better suited than the OEM material for the application?

TIA

If you are having problems with the gun cycling then it's time for new O rings. OEM rings should be all you need and will last quite a few years with normal use.
Thanks you, I will grab an o-ring kit.

I have to make sure this runs flawlessly. I have a couple pumps, but my terribly bad L shoulder will not allow me to reach far enough to run the slide

If you have a hydraulic supply shop around you I would take the old o-ring there. I think I paid 30 cents each when I bought a spare to have on hand. I bought 5, the original from the 70's is in the bag with the other 4 today somewhere in my stash of stuff. The local GS wanted something over 10 dollars for one.

Buy the OEM, and keep the tube clean and free of oil- the way the are designed to run. I have an 1100 my dad bought for me when I was 12 (1975) from JC Penny. I think it was $225. My best bud's dad had won an 1100 and gave it to him for Christmas. We went to JCP a couple of days later!! We hunted together and shot 1000's of rounds with those guns. His got stolen a few years ago. I still hunt with mine regularly. I replaced the O-ring a few years ago for the first time.

I am totally lost when it comes to shotguns. A friend told me to replace the O-rings in my 1100 that I bought used in the late 90s. I checked the errornet I found some kits.

Question. Are the kits my best option or are there specialty O-rings that are better suited than the OEM material for the application?

TIA
I have several Remington 1100's in various gauges. I took the 12 ga into the local gunsmith when the o ring fell apart when I removed the barrel for cleaning, he replaced the one that fell apart with a new one he had in stock. The O rings are not uncommon problems and last only so long. Remington quit making replacements years ago, but they are still available. Brownells also had them in stock so they are readily available.

TIA
Everyone here has offered hood advice. Bought mine new in 1975 & shot it for exactly 40 years before replacing them. They were still good (!!!) but for the price why not? As others said: Wipe them & their bearing surfaces off, a tiny oil film (wiped back off) & you're good to go again!
I bought some with Teflon powder on them but haven't used them yet.