Nightforce SHV vs NXS

The SHV and NXS line have the same glass as mentioned several times above but there is no comparison between the two in any way after that.
NXS lineup is clearly the higher quality choice.

I was just at Cabela's the other day and the NXS is 1400 more than the SHV. For scopes with the same glass the other features of the NXS better be a lot better.

Maybe if you're comparing apples and oranges, like the NXS 8-32x56 ($2,125) to the SHV 3-10x42 ($873). But that's not as fair a comparison as, say, the NXS 3.5-15x50 ($1,863) and the SHV 4-14x50 ($1,106). Those prices are pulled directly from their website as of the time of this post.

It's still a 50%+ price increase from the SHV up to the NXS, so the added features/build quality have to be examined in determining if it's worth it to each hunter or not.

Would the Shv hold up well to a 338 378 weatherby I could put my ATACR on a 50 and put an shv on the 338

Would the Shv hold up well to a 338 378 weatherby I could put my ATACR on a 50 and put an shv on the 338
I believe it will hold up fine.
The SHV is the economy line in Nightforce, but it's still a very well made scope. And is a top choice in its price range. It compares well to any brand.

I ended up just selling my 308 I plan to put a new barrel on my 338

Attachments

• 20180313_185607.jpg
    20180313_185607.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 106
I don't think Nightforce makes anything that's not at the top of the list. That said i have experience with the NSX, ATACR, and BEAST. They all track perfectly are clear and i have never had an issue with one. I don't think the SHV would be a different story.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.