Nightforce Decisions

I bought a new nx8 online for $135 more than the advertised price of the NXS, 32x, mounted on a rail and the eye box is not an issue. I leave it at about 24x for range shooting.

I just wanted to update this thread and thank everyone who contributed. I picked up a used NXS 3.5-15x50 MOAR for a great price. It will be going on a custom 7mm Rem Mag that I'm just waiting on the reamer for. I wanted to make sure the scope would be useable at the closest ranges and out to 600-800 yards. If I find myself needed more scope, I'll get a 5.5-22x and trade/sell this scope. As I previously mentioned, I've never owned a NF, but after playing around with this one I'm impressed. Obviously the NXS isn't the latest and greatest, but it just feels like quality and I love the ergonomics and feel of it compared to other scopes I've owned and messed around with. I can see myself getting a couple more of these to upgrade my other scopes. Thanks again!

I'm considering the NX8 2.5-20 NF.
So does this have a small eye box for eye relief? Is that the only issue with this scope?
I don't have any personal experience using an NX8, but I've heard the eyebox is finicky and they have a small length tube and can be tricky to mount from what I've seen on customer rifles.

The NX8 eyepiece does not rotate like the NXS series when you change the power, sometimes it's a nuisance if you have tenabrex flip ups it is in the way of the bolt. The 2.5-20x has a narrower eye relief than the 4-32x which is a bit more forgiving. When I shoot at 1,500 yards I'm usually on 10x but I like having 20x to look at animals for detail when hunting.
James does a great comparison of the NX8, Cronus, and Tenmile scopes that they run at their school.