Nightforce ATACR vs Swarovski X5

chetraguse

I have a nightforce atacr 5-25 and a swarovski x5 5-25. I've checked both out on guns the last couple days. In the morning and evening they both have about the same clarity in my mind. The turrets on the atacr are maybe a little nicer than the x5 but other than that they are pretty close in quality I think. Whats some of your thoughts? One of them has to go and to me its a horse a piece. I want to hear what you think.

I have an NXS and a X5. The x5 is my choice if I have to pick. If I was concerned about the ruggedness I would select the NXS. For clarity and overall quality the X5 gets the nod. I've used both companies warranties so they are equal there.

I sold my ATACR to buy the X5 so I am biased but I think that the X5 has better glass. Its a bit smaller and lighter too.

I think the whole German vs Japanese glass thing bothered me too but I think that they are both insane scopes.

I'd say ATACR if durability is a concern, or if you are going to dial a lot. It's pretty hard to beat the glass in an ATACR as well so I don't think you're losing much there.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.