Nigel’s 617 Yard Elk 6.8 Western

HammerBullets

C74AE4D6-5090-477A-A20B-C3719FAFD831.png

Nigel contacted us in the Spring for a bullet suggestion for his 6.8 Western and an upcoming Elk Hunt. He tuned the 156 Hammer Hunter bullet to a .33" MOA using H1000 at 3100 FPS.
He shot this bull at 617 yards and here is his full report: "The elk didn't make a move. It was the quickest I've seen one die. The bullet entered the front shoulder and exited his neck breaking his neck."
Congratulations Nigel! Thanks for sharing your hunt.

View attachment 508682
Nigel contacted us in the Spring for a bullet suggestion for his 6.8 Western and an upcoming Elk Hunt. He tuned the 156 Hammer Hunter bullet to a .33" MOA using H1000 at 3100 FPS.
He shot this bull at 617 yards and here is his full report: "The elk didn't make a move. It was the quickest I've seen one die. The bullet entered the front shoulder and exited his neck breaking his neck."
Congratulations Nigel! Thanks for sharing your hunt.
Excellent my friend in Colorado dropped his with a neck shot at 400,despite the naysayers good equipment,bullets and shooters get the job done easily,nice bull.

Contrary to many opinions…..penetrating thick, dense, heavy muscle, breaking major bones, and getting an exit is very often very effective! 😂

Congratulations Nigel, on a nice bull and a fine shot! 👍 memtb