Newbie - Stocking Up

sadstory

Trying to get started in re-loading

Will be reloading:
Rifle .308, .223, .30-06, .300BLK and 6.5 Creedmoor (if theres a way to reload 20GA Slugs>)
Pistol 10mm, .45, 9mm, and 5.7mm

I'm a total newb but had Mike @ Grizzly develop loads for my .308 and .30-06.

I'm going no need to but pretty much everything except brass been holding on to mine and have STACKS. I don't expect to load more than 50-200 per calibre at a time. Bu tI do want to start with a progressive.

Can you point me a few directions, press, cleaner , clipers/chamfers.. the whole lot.

Looking to start reloading for accuracy esp in the longer distance calibers.

Last edited:
First, as any reloader will tell you, do your homework. There are books for this stuff, the ABC's of reloading being pretty much the reloaders bible. Read it, then read it again. It reads quick and is full of pictures.

The next direction I would point you is single stage, especially just starting out. You can get in for cheap, decide if it's something you like, and expand from there. With good practice you will be surprised how fast you can turn out top notch ammo from a single stage. Add a powder measure/dropper for the pistol stuff and then you are really cooking with fire.

Beyond that, it is mostly dealers choice. There are a thousand combinations of presses, scales, dies and components. I like the rcbs presses, only because that is what I started with I have never had any problems. I recently replaced all my sizing dies with Forster benchrest sizing dies. They are making awesome ammo and well worth the cost.

Aside from that, check our work and be safe. The internet is a great resource if you have any questions. People will gladly point you in the right direction so don't be afraid to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts