New to forums.

Hawkeye Pierce

Hello everybody,
I am usually a back ground just reading different forums. This page i have come to really enjoy for the different people and questions, so I decided to join in the fun.
Currently I'm a disabled veteran and a firearms instructor and safety trainer. I have 3 daughters that love the outdoors and the youngest of which is constantly pushing me to get more deer. She's 2 years old, and likes to see the deer hanging in the garage.
Im just getting back into hunting the last year or so. Last year I got hooked on Pronghorn in Wyoming with a high 70's buck at 326 yards with my custom308. This year I got the chance to go to Idaho for elk and mule deer. That's a negative on both of those though, didn't even see one in the back country wilderness and we weren't the only ones.
This year I was blessed with a crossbow after 12 years of not being able to bow hunt and got 2 does in the freezer with it. Got another one with my 308.
Im working on a .260 terminator build from Shawn at Defensive Edge, Hells Canyon summit contour carbon fiber wrapped barrel, Accurate Mags short action DBM which will let me get 2.930 COAL. All in a Manners EH1 and a trued Remington 700 short action.
I really enjoy reloading and long range shooting, hoping to get into some PRS matches by the end of summer.
Looking forward to some intriguing conversations with other enthusiasts and sportsmen.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.