New Remington 700's

Hope springs eternal in the hearts and minds of some Remington fans.

Earlier today, I read some Randy Wakeman articles concerning RemArms. He knows more about the insides and outsides of firearm manufacturers than the average person. He doesn't paint a rosy picture.

I wouldn't be surprised to see RemArms fail.

Google search using search terms 'Randy Wakeman' & 'RemArms'. Some of the info he wrote was posted on Forums also.

His confidence level is low to nonexistent.

Google search using search terms 'Randy Wakeman' & 'RemArms'. Some of the info he wrote was posted on Forums also.

His confidence level is low to nonexistent.
I think Randy would probably find fault with anything RemArms might produce, unless he`s changed his tune of late. Haven`t read any of his comments in a while, but at least a while back his disdain for all things RemArms seemed almost personal and downright visceral in nature. Left me wondering if someone at RemArms maybe at some time stole a girlfriend!

I personally would get a broader sample of feedback before making decisions concerning the " new" Remington than just that from Randy Wakeman. In the interest of fairness, however, I have to say that Randy`s evaluations of some firearms which I later procured ( Remington V3 and Fabarm L4S ) were spot on and factored into my purchases.

I'll let the production of the new Remington determine my feelings toward the company. So far, so good. Being a native Georgian I'm happy to have them here and look forward to having all rifle production out of the Lagrange plant under a single quality control.

I'll let the production of the new Remington determine my feelings toward the company. So far, so good. Being a native Georgian I'm happy to have them here and look forward to having all rifle production out of the Lagrange plant under a single quality control.
I agree I'll let the new production speak for itself. I can see some transitional issues when RemArms first started, that's to be expected. I have a new 700 with the Impact trigger and it looks good. So far the only complaint I have is the cast follower. But I won't even use that once I install the action in a chassis. IMO with the new tolerance standards, barrel twists, and price point they're targeting the Tikka rifles.

I think Randy would probably find fault with anything RemArms might produce, unless he`s changed his tune of late. Haven`t read any of his comments in a while, but at least a while back his disdain for all things RemArms seemed almost personal and downright visceral in nature. Left me wondering if someone at RemArms maybe at some time stole a girlfriend!

I personally would get a broader sample of feedback before making decisions concerning the " new" Remington than just that from Randy Wakeman. In the interest of fairness, however, I have to say that Randy`s evaluations of some firearms which I later procured ( Remington V3 and Fabarm L4S ) were spot on and factored into my purchases.
Agreed he doesn't hold back. Speaks his mind. I was actually researching RemArms V3 and Versa Max production when I stumbled into Wakeman's assessment of RemArms. He loved the V3 semi-auto shotgun.

Gotta say he's correct on a number of things. One being their misleading website. They've basically continued to show all the firearms Remington manufactured. Just continued with Remington's promotional website. As if production of all models of Remington firearms continued under RemArms ownership. Visit their website over the past 2 years and you'ld conclude all the prior Remington models of firearms were available for purchase since the bankruptcy. When the majority haven't been manufactured and haven't been available thru RemArms since day one.

Wakeman knows more than the average guy, based on his network of contacts in the prior Remington company and the firearms industry at large. There's the RemArms version of a healthy happy prosperous company. And there's the Wakeman version. RemArms hasn't come close to meeting any of their on-the-record production goals. They've unloaded a lot the prior Remington leftover manufactured firearms parts and pieces as if they manufactured them. Lends credibility to the Wakeman version.

Hope springs eternally...

Last edited:
Agreed he doesn't hold back. Speaks his mind. I was actually researching RemArms V3 and Versa Max production when I stumbled into Wakeman's assessment of RemArms. He loved the V3 semi-auto shotgun.

Gotta say he's correct on a number of things. One being their misleading website. They've basically continued to show all the firearms Remington manufactured. Just continued with Remington's promotional website. As if production of all models of Remington firearms continued under RemArms ownership. Visit their website over the past 2 years ahnd you'ld conclude all the prior Remington models of firearms were available for purchase since the bankruptcy. When the majority haven't been manufactured and haven't been available thru RemArms since day one.

Wakeman knows more than the average guy, based on his network of contacts in the prior Remington company and the firearms industry at large. There's the RemArms version of a healthy happy prosperous company. And there's the Wakeman version. RemArms hasn't come close to meeting any of their on-the-record production goals. They've unloaded a lot the prior Remington leftover manufactured firearms parts and pieces as if they manufactured them. Lends credibility to the Wakeman version.

Hope springs eternally...
I think more than anything, new Remington needs some unbiased, hopefully positive reviews publicized. Those, married up with some actual positive owner reviews, would get them off the ground IMO. They can get there if they make a true commitment to producing a quality gun through a strict QC program coupled with a like commitment to excellence in after sale customer service.

Unbiased reviews? Haha... Didn't know there was such a thing.

Akin to an amicable divorce!
I'm pretty open minded on the whole platform. I will be comparing it to the older guns I have as far as quality and function.

Unbiased reviews? Haha... Didn't know there was such a thing.

Akin to an amicable divorce!
It would have to be an entity that doesn`t take any sort of remuneration or receive any benefit from the gun company. I don`t know for sure, but I think Jim Harmer who owns Backfire and does reviews may be such.