New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

Wy, Just my thoughts, (IMHO) the eye relief is a tad to small for a quick response and the Ares BTR I have is at the smith getting a muzzle brake added.
I haven't had much time behind it but the time I have I seem to have a slight problem and I've talked to the Rep. and he told me to contact him and he'd make sure it got back to them to check it out because the problem didn't sound right, great person to deal with.
Hardrock

I have been running through ammo like crazy shooting Meopta's ZD 6-24x56 MOA illuminated reticle and the new Optika6 1-6x24. The ZD sits on my Bergara LRP 6.5CM and the Optika6 on a Noveske SBR. The clarity and function of both are excellent. Adjustments are tactile and precise. I'll be running the ZD on my ladder test target next range trip. Hopefully, I'll be getting my hands on a Optika6 3-18x50 scope for some testing and pics for you guys. Great reading all the questions and seeing the thorough answers.
DSC_0096.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

Bman, what reticle will the 3-18x50 is be dressed with.
I'm not at all up on all the reticles I've seen mentioned on the posts I've read, so it may be a dumb question but how does one find out more about the reticles you all talk about.
Thanks, Hhardrock

Bman, what reticle will the 3-18x50 is be dressed with.
I'm not at all up on all the reticles I've seen mentioned on the posts I've read, so it may be a dumb question but how does one find out more about the reticles you all talk about.
Thanks, Hhardrock
The website does not list all of the correct reticles with each scope nor does it show enlarged images. They have been diligently working on getting the dealer catalog updated and distributed before the website. Below are pictures of the 3-18x reticle options that Bman posted a couple pages back. These are directly from the catalog.
upload_2019-6-22_19-44-43.png

Thanks, Ship. I'm not sure which reticles will arrive first but I would assume it will be MOA/Mrad options with appropriately exposed turrets. This scope will also allow you to put in a throw lever.
I'll be putting one on a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5CM to do some testing. These scopes are also air rifle rated just in case someone wanted to use one that way.

Bman, How will these scopes hold up sitting on the Bergara 300WM.
What is lite up when the illumination is on and does the illuminating hamper the view of the reticle.
Thanks, Hhardrock

You will have zero issues with the toughness of any Meopta product. I have been impressed with how overbuilt they to take whatever you can dish out. I plan to get the 1-4 on my Brown Precision .375 H&H and then I'll pop the MeoStar 1.5-6x42 on the .375 to use hog hunting. Don't worry, pics to follow. I have already had a MeoPro on a T/C .300 Win and a T/C .308. Zero issues as expected.

I am interested in the ffp 5-30x56. I would be interested in trying out the dichro reticles. For MOA the Dichro BDC looks like the one that I will have to get. That dot is 0.5 moa at 5 power, so wouldn't that dot be 12.5 moa at 30 power?

My concern is getting that dot perfectly centered on my target, especially during load development.

Last edited:
I am interested in the ffp 5-30x56. I would be interested in trying out the dichro reticles. For MOA the Dichro BDC looks like the one that I will have to get. That dot is 0.5 moa at 5 power, so wouldn't that dot be 12.5 moa at 30 power?

My concern is getting that dot perfectly centered on my target, especially during load development.
I think the perceived size at 30x would be 3 MOA (0.5 x 6 = 3) even though the measurement on the target would not change since it's FFP.

I think the perceived size at 30x would be 3 MOA (0.5 x 6 = 3) even though the measurement on the target would not change since it's FFP.
That makes more sense to me. I knew that I had to be wrong. No way the perceived size could be 12.5 moa. I did 0.5x25=12.5...

I think that I am going to pull the trigger on one, even though I am still not a very big fan of the reticle. I would prefer something closer to the MOAR style reticle. I might learn to love it though.

That makes more sense to me. I knew that I had to be wrong. No way the perceived size could be 12.5 moa. I did 0.5x25=12.5...

I think that I am going to pull the trigger on one, even though I am still not a very big fan of the reticle. I would prefer something closer to the MOAR style reticle. I might learn to love it though.
For $899 with European Glass, lifetime warranty, 34mm tube, zero stop, 110 moa of elevation and windage and 88% low light transmission to your eyeball...I think you will love it just fine!

For $899 with European Glass, lifetime warranty, 34mm tube, zero stop, 110 moa of elevation and windage and 88% low light transmission to your eyeball...I think you will love it just fine!

I plan on new 10x42 binos as well. What are the main difference between the 3 lines of binos?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts