New member from Kansas

McStocks

LRH Sponsor
Good afternoon from Central Kansas! My name is Steve McGee and I just discovered your site! I've been a hunter and serious target rifle competitor for 50 years. My wife of 52 years really enjoyed Canada Goose and Whitetail Deer hunting, but the last few years it seems the 150 decoys are getting heavier, and it's a longer walk to the truck! 😊 That being said, most of my hunting now is shooting coyotes off my front porch 200 to 300 yards from my creek where I usually have a deer or calf carcass staked down!

My wife, Shirley, and I are very serious rifle competitors, having shot in the Nationals at Camp Perry and Camp Atterbury and the World Championships in Australia and the U.S. as members of the United States National Rifle Team. We have Gold and Silver medals from the Worlds in both individual and team matches.

When I retired from teaching at the Salina (Kansas) Technical College we started the business of building rifle stocks, mostly for target shooters and a few hunting guns. It actually wasn't planned, as I would glue up laminated blanks and send them to Bishop's or Fajen's stock companies in Missouri, but they didn't turn out that well, so I built a duplicator and made a few for us and a few friends. The "few" turned into over 1,000 in 20 years, ending up all over the world! We manufactured adjustable butt assemblies and I invented the thumbwheel cheek adjuster, which has become a standard accessory for target rifles.

After we sold our CNC milling machine that we used for building the hardware, we then concentrated on our business of selling Berger bullets, Vihtavuori powder, Lapua brass, and Lapua and SK rimfire ammo. We just now closed that business and are selling the remaining inventory and can hopefully shoot in more matches and hunt more while we still can! The last thing on my bucket list is a pig hunt in Oklahoma!

I just now upgraded to become a Supporting Member, so I will be listing what we have left in our inventory! Thirteen different Berger bullets ranging from 223 85.5 Long Range Hybrids to 30 caliber 245 grain EOL Elite Hunters and five different Lapua brass offerings - 6.5 Creedmoor to 300 PRC! THESE WILL BE THE BEST PRICES YOU'LL FIND ANYWHERE! You can view them now on our website, mcgeestocks.com, but if you buy direct from us, you'll save the credit card fee!

I have extensive experience in building long range target rifles and reloading and will be more than happy to assist here any way I can!

~Steve

Good afternoon from Central Kansas! My name is Steve McGee and I just discovered your site! I've been a hunter and serious target rifle competitor for 50 years. My wife of 52 years really enjoyed Canada Goose and Whitetail Deer hunting, but the last few years it seems the 150 decoys are getting heavier, and it's a longer walk to the truck! 😊 That being said, most of my hunting now is shooting coyotes off my front porch 200 to 300 yards from my creek where I usually have a deer or calf carcass staked down!

My wife, Shirley, and I are very serious rifle competitors, having shot in the Nationals at Camp Perry and Camp Atterbury and the World Championships in Australia and the U.S. as members of the United States National Rifle Team. We have Gold and Silver medals from the Worlds in both individual and team matches.

When I retired from teaching at the Salina (Kansas) Technical College we started the business of building rifle stocks, mostly for target shooters and a few hunting guns. It actually wasn't planned, as I would glue up laminated blanks and send them to Bishop's or Fajen's stock companies in Missouri, but they didn't turn out that well, so I built a duplicator and made a few for us and a few friends. The "few" turned into over 1,000 in 20 years, ending up all over the world! We manufactured adjustable butt assemblies and I invented the thumbwheel cheek adjuster, which has become a standard accessory for target rifles.

After we sold our CNC milling machine that we used for building the hardware, we then concentrated on our business of selling Berger bullets, Vihtavuori powder, Lapua brass, and Lapua and SK rimfire ammo. We just now closed that business and are selling the remaining inventory and can hopefully shoot in more matches and hunt more while we still can! The last thing on my bucket list is a pig hunt in Oklahoma!

I just now upgraded to become a Supporting Member, so I will be listing what we have left in our inventory! Thirteen different Berger bullets ranging from 223 85.5 Long Range Hybrids to 30 caliber 245 grain EOL Elite Hunters and five different Lapua brass offerings - 6.5 Creedmoor to 300 PRC! THESE WILL BE THE BEST PRICES YOU'LL FIND ANYWHERE! You can view them now on our website, mcgeestocks.com, but if you buy direct from us, you'll save the credit card fee!

I have extensive experience in building long range target rifles and reloading and will be more than happy to assist here any way I can!

~Steve
Shirley and Steve McGee
Welcome to the LRH Forum from GA.
This is the BEST Forum on LR Hunting, Reloading and GS for information and discussion.
The most important part of this Forum are the people!!! A lot of GREAT members and a wealth of information. Can't meet a better bunch of Gals and Guys!!!!
We look forward to your participation and sharing your knowledge with the group.
Wish we lived closer i would have you hop on our Mill and help us inlet some McMillan stocks.
We need some Lapua 6mmBR, 6.5X284, 223 Brass.

If we can help in any way let us Gals and Guys know.
Len & Jill

wELKome!!!...........We have purchased a lot of product from Steve and Shirley over the years. Great people and great people to do business with!! Sad to see they are getting out of the retail side of things.