New McMillan stock game warden LR

grouse

Just saw this on mcmillans site. Looks pretty sweet.

I just got one of these in about 1 month ago. Its a really nice stock. Similar to the A3 in design. Has a large palm swell and a thumb rest on top. I went with the carbon edge and the stock is very light and compact. I have this on my bighorn origin with 16.5" proof carbon in 308win. Definitely my favorite build right now.

Wow……apparently, there's no need for a stock for the Winchester Model 70's! WTH! 🤷‍♂️ memtb
Mcmillan has really stripped down options under extreme group. A lot of their lower volume options have disappeared, and they've expressed doing less custom stuff vs when Kelly owned the company.

The claim is this will help them get the backlog down and increase efficiency. While I'm sure those are true it is a shame as well.

This stock looks pretty nice. I have considered trying one over my eh1 but I wish the forend wasn't so wide. I still take a lot of offhand shots when hunting whitetail.

Nope. The venerable Model 70 action gets little love from stock builders.

I was just a bit surprised that it wasn't offered! I would probably never really consider changing my McMillan Classic for something else…..pretty darn pleased with it! memtb

Best bet would be to pick up a flat top and send it to LRI as they can do the full inlet and do good work with the Model 70.

I just ordered a Game Warden for my Stiller- #4 Schneider barreled 22-250 AI, it currently sit in an McMillan Edge stock that is a little too skinny on the forarm for my liking. It will be for sale whe the Game Warden arrives.

Any additional feedback on this stock? I'm considering it as an alternative to the Mesa Precision Altitude currently on my 300 WSM. Seems like the McMillan design would help with muzzle rise.

What is your first impression of the finger stop? Feels natural...or takes some getting used to? Is there enough room to comfortably fit 3 fingers below it?

I spoke with McMillan about the TG version. They said one of their employees is a big dude (6'6"). There wasn't enough room on the grip for all his fingers below the finger stop (imagine your pinky floating below the grip). So, they made the TG version (by removing the finger stop) for folks with that issue.

I would really like to try both side by side, but that's not likely to happen. Any feedback will be really helpful.

I am 6'2". Usually wear a L or XL glove. The McMillan rep I spoke to measured about 2.25"-2.5" of grip below the finger stop. Does that sound accurate?

Well... I found out that McMillan doesn't offer the TG version for my action (Tikka T3x). Currently, the Game Warden LR with the finger stop is the only option. They also said there are no plans to offer the TG version for Tikka.

Hopefully the finger stop isn't an issue. I like everything else about the stock and will probably order one.