New from Northern California

MS660Magnum

I've been on the forum for a few weeks now, but I never introduced myself. So here I am.

I live on the northern coast of California. I'm a wildland firefighter by trade. I shoot, but I don't really shoot competitively. I hunt, but not a ton; blacktail and pigs mostly. If I'm honest, most of my kill shots are <200yds, so I don't know if I'd call myself a "long range hunter." However I am a long range shooter who also hunts.

Up until a few years ago I'd never shot past 200 yds at the local range. Then a buddy of mine took me to a private property to shoot steels and I used my trusty R700 sps and Leupold VX-3 to kill a ground squirrel at 704yds (a lucky shot in hindsight). Ever since that day the long range bug has been burrowed in deep.

I'm mostly here just to learn. Thank you all for the knowledge you've already passed down through the google searches.

7C80A567-3CCE-4941-BCAA-C35B904532BF.jpeg

What's up? I cut my teeth hunting blacktail up on Red Mountain north of Laytonville. If you can successfully hunt blacktail... you can hunt anything...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts