My weekend find.

Ohlongarm

I hunt an abandoned limestone quarry somewhere in Ohio, it's accounted for dozens of coyotes and gh's over the 10 years I've hunted it.
I spotted movement through the binocs at about 3 hundred yards and this is what I saw. I was able to get within decent camera range and snapped these.
Notice the big culvert where they're dug in. Now I have denned a few in Ohio at some time but not enough to even matter talking about, however I walked away from these pups, a sacrifice to the coyote gods for allowing me to enjoy hunting their kind, I couldn't live with myself whacking these , they'll be another time, you can't take em all.

Attachments

• cps.jpeg
    cps.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 805
always fun to watch the little ones.

Just a couple of years ago a buddy and I were whackin' and stackin' prairie dogs. Had been shooting a spot for an hour or so and next thing we know we had 6 coyote pups running around picking up dead prairie dogs, or even just finding them and eating on the spot. At first a few of the pups would chase each other, who ever had a prairie dog in its mouth, until eventually, they all had their own to eat. They ate until their little bellies couldn't hold any more. Was quite the show.

I had the same experience but with the little swift fox . They act like our dogs puppies play fighting and wrestling with each other .

It is . I got a call from the pilot one evening . He said he had found a coyote den with 8 pups but that a couple of them looked bigger . He said he couldn't locate the adults , gave me the location . I went out to locate the adults the next morning there they were with the pups all swift fox pups and adults .

I had a half dozen coyote pups in a culvert on the ranch a few years ago. Told everyone to slow down there and don't run em over! Have a few marmot families every year too. They haven't caused any problems so I leave them alone. I like seeing them. Get off the ranch into the hunting country and it's a different story. I've had more long range marmot rifles built than big game rifles and get as excited about shooting them in the fall as I do about elk hunting. If a coyote wanders by he's in danger too.

I hunt an abandoned limestone quarry somewhere in Ohio, it's accounted for dozens of coyotes and gh's over the 10 years I've hunted it.
I spotted movement through the binocs at about 3 hundred yards and this is what I saw. I was able to get within decent camera range and snapped these.
Notice the big culvert where they're dug in. Now I have denned a few in Ohio at some time but not enough to even matter talking about, however I walked away from these pups, a sacrifice to the coyote gods for allowing me to enjoy hunting their kind, I couldn't live with myself whacking these , they'll be another time, you can't take em all.
I could shoot any Yotes that day near that den either.Too prettyy of a photo and too cruel to kill therir mama and starve them to death. You did the right thing..THANK YOU.