My mounts are back

Pa Grizz

Caught these on the same day with my fly rod.I usually turn fish back, but I decided to have these done.The rainbow was 5lbs I did not weigh he golden

Attachments

• dsc00072 (2).jpg
    dsc00072 (2).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 129
I have not caught a Golden Trout. They are absolutely beautiful. In 1994 I went up into the high sierras near Lake Crowley and tried for some, the lake was still too frozen over to fish. At the fishing derby/fair in Bishop, a few guys had some Goldens that they put in ice chests with lake water and ice. They were just showing them off and returned later that day to release them.

It's on my bucket list.

Beautiful mounts.

That golden looks like the ones that WV hybridized for their centennial celebration back in 1963. Which river did it come from? Nice mounts.

This is where I caught the golden .It's right in the middle of a 4 mile area of the Big Elk with no way in but to float it.I have been floating it fot the last five years and no Goldens have been put in.I was surprised when I saw what I had on the line.

Attachments

• DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 139
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.