My first 300 wm build

billn17

This was my first build. A friend of mine built a 300 wm. After seeing it shoot I thought I'd like to one. So I did. After buying one part here and another here, plus getting to know the UPS & FedEx guys on a first name bases, I got all my parts. Now it's time to find a smith that can put it all together. I found one in Diamond Missouri. Most of the local gun shops were using him so I thought, I'd try him. I'm glad I did, once I got my gun back and shot it. I was very happy. Once I got the gun zeroed my next five shots at 100yrds were .5 moa's. Really good for 180gr sp fed's that were close to 10yrs old.

Since I spent all my money on parts and having the smith true everything up from between the brake to the bolt, I raddled caned the finish. Personally I think it turned out great.

Parts used:

Remington 700 LA
Remington 26" 700 police bull barrel
Mccree LA folding stock
5 port brake from Ross (from this site)
Vortex viper 6.5-20x50 milldot
Butter creek flip ups
Vortex paired rings
Nightforce 20 moa base
Vortex bubble level
Caldwell pivot 9-13 bipod
Mccree cheek rest bag

I can't wait to see how it shoots with some smk's or Amax's.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 164
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 164
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 159
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 147
Thanks. My first shot out of it I didn't even notice the recoil. The second shot I payed attention to and that brake I got from Ross at brakesandmore tamed the 300wm down what my AR is like.

Last edited:
Well it looks like 208 Amax with 73.3gn h1000. 100 yrd groups at just under .5 moa center to center.

What a cool looking rifle! I just haave my first build on order now! I can't wait! My nightforce has come in, and my 210 vld's showed up the other day, my h-1000 powder should be here any day. Unfortunately my build won't be here till after Christmas :(

Thanks. I love how it shoots and just feels when I'm down on it squeezing the trigger. It's perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts