My Equipment Goals for 2022!

I was out today -2 shooting my 6.5 prc.It doesnt make a impact like my 338,but a breeze to shoot.You can set up phone scope on spotter for shooting by yourself,certain rocks easier to see impact.While out guy I know was running a cat.Nice gettinig out My equipment goal is newer used spotter,continue work out program,get my 6.5 loads worked out and dialed in

I was out today -2 shooting my 6.5 prc.It doesnt make a impact like my 338,but a breeze to shoot.You can set up phone scope on spotter for shooting by yourself,certain rocks easier to see impact.While out guy I know was running a cat.Nice gettinig out My equipment goal is newer used spotter,continue work out program,get my 6.5 loads worked out and dialed in
Good call on the phone scope, maybe a remote to start stop the video.

Good call on the phone scope, maybe a remote to start stop the video.
image.jpg

@Mmartinez
Here is something to consider. A carbon fiber wrapped barrel isn't something you can shoot & shoot for a couple hours on the range learning your wind and practicing fundamentals. They aren't built for that. They are for a weight reduction and 3 round accuracy. Instead, get your ELR 300 (whatever) range gun first, a straight taper, or MTU barrel that can withstand lots more shots before resting to cool. By the time you're spun up with that, you can roll out with the 6.5 carbon rig and you can practice those first two round hits from supported positions.

My equipment goals are; some weights for my MDT chassis, and a v shaped rear sand filled bag. I think the V shaped bag let the bag rider slide more unobstructed. Oh, and a pair of 15X56 binos.

Nice goals! my question is what have you got now? maybe sell one and use that to re-barrel the other and buy reloading equipment, if you don't have any already. with a re-barrel you can pretty much chose whatever cartridge fits your bolt face and action.
1k yds is not difficult with the right equipment and the first time you ring the gong will be like your first buck.

@Mmartinez
Here is something to consider. A carbon fiber wrapped barrel isn't something you can shoot & shoot for a couple hours on the range learning your wind and practicing fundamentals. They aren't built for that. They are for a weight reduction and 3 round accuracy. Instead, get your ELR 300 (whatever) range gun first, a straight taper, or MTU barrel that can withstand lots more shots before resting to cool. By the time you're spun up with that, you can roll out with the 6.5 carbon rig and you can practice those first two round hits from supported positions.

My equipment goals are; some weights for my MDT chassis, and a v shaped rear sand filled bag. I think the V shaped bag let the bag rider slide more unobstructed. Oh, and a pair of 15X56 binos.
This

Dear Long-Range Forum, Happy New Year, wishing the best for you all.

If I may say this, one of my new year resolutions is to become a better 1000-yard shooter, so hitting a 12" target 80% of the time will be a success story for 2022. I believe consistency and discipline will be the two key components to achieve my goal. Therefore, here's my plan: 1) I will sell all my current Rifles, 2) Upgrade to a 6.5 PRC Elevation MTR and 3) I will follow you guys' advice for the appropriate ammo, reload if needed, and read/practice all your shared shooting techniques. I think I will have fun, gain knowledge, and hopefully make some friends in the process.

LR Forum, thanks for reading, I will be sharing my progress with you all, and drooping a question here and there. Happy New 2022.
That's quite the goal, good luck.

@Mmartinez

Make sense, Im hearing that carbon Fiber dont cool off as fast. Thank you.