My Benelli Sbe 2 sucks

I'll throw this out there for all you SBE fans. Did you know the Remington Versamax Waterfowl is a short stroke gas gun that operates just like the SBE1? Yes, I'm telling you it is a low recoil gas gun with the same feeding and decocker. Yes, you can hide a 4th shell under the carrier just like the old Benelli's. Yes it shoots straight. Mine has never jammed unless it was clean. I have used it every day for the entire season guiding with out cleaning or oiling it. My youngest daughter confiscated it from me. Now I only see it when she shows up for a hunt. Haven't seen one for sale in awhile, but would buy another in a heartbeat.
BTW, the fore end even always stays lose just like a Benelli

I'll throw this out there for all you SBE fans. Did you know the Remington Versamax Waterfowl is a short stroke gas gun that operates just like the SBE1? Yes, I'm telling you it is a low recoil gas gun with the same feeding and decocker. Yes, you can hide a 4th shell under the carrier just like the old Benelli's. Yes it shoots straight. Mine has never jammed unless it was clean. I have used it every day for the entire season guiding with out cleaning or oiling it. My youngest daughter confiscated it from me. Now I only see it when she shows up for a hunt. Haven't seen one for sale in awhile, but would buy another in a heartbeat.
I have a versa max with a woodtech stock and it is awesome. From waterfowl to upland, it just goes boom boom boom. I went an entire year without cleaning it to see if I could get it to jam up…never jammed.

BTW, the fore end even always stays lose just like a Benelli
If you hold it with the buttpad on the ground and push down on the fore end while tightening the end cap, its is solid as a rock. I saw that recommendation on a forum somewhere soon after I bought it.

But then it won't be as much like a benelli!!!LOL
Hahaha…Freaking Benelli. I lost a ton of respect after I picked up an SBE3 and it shot all over the place. Replaced it with a Franchi Affinity 3.5 which has been awesome. I have a long LOP and it doesn't fit me like my Versamax does. I think my 14 yr old son is taking it over tho…it will get some good use for a lot of years.

Mine didn't have any shims in the box, could be because it was the sbe2 American. I traded it for the new browning a5 in 3.5 inch 26 inch barrel mossy oak bottomland camo and I love it.
So you don't have it anymore to worry about it's problems?

Wow! You must really have gotten a bad one. Sorry to hear that. Bashing the SBE is easy to do on a forum. I have nothing but great experiences with the one I have. 10+ years of service without a malfunction.

I get a kick out of this sbe sucks thread. Probably one of the only things on earth with a 10 year warranty, and instead of using it, it's easier to **** and moan about how no good Benelli is.

Wow! You must really have gotten a bad one. Sorry to hear that. Bashing the SBE is easy to do on a forum. I have nothing but great experiences with the one I have. 10+ years of service without a malfunction.
The old ones functioned fine. They all shot somewhere other than the point of aim. We would send them to Oklahoma and have the barrels straightened and the forcing cones reamed out. Made a pretty good gun that would shoot 4 times with a legal plug in it. About $800 in addition to the cost of the gun. They would shoot an average of 5 flats of 3-1/2" shells before breaking something. Parts were expensive and not easy to find. Was worth it until the feds made them fix it so it would only shoot three times. Then the extra recoil and other problems took away all its charm. Sorry but that's how it is with folks that shoot a lot of birds.

The way we used the 4 shot deal wasn't really 4 shots. We shoot a lot of geese and ducks the same morning. We also used to shoot steel in those old guns. We would have three duck loads in the gun and geese would show up. Open the bolt and take the shell out of the chamber. Put a Goose load on the carrier and another in the chamber. Gave you 2 Goose loads really quick even though 4 shells were in the gun. It was really fast with practice and called the benelli shuffle.

I get a kick out of this sbe sucks thread. Probably one of the only things on earth with a 10 year warranty, and instead of using it, it's easier to **** and moan about how no good Benelli is.
I have to admit, when I made this post I was an angry 15 year old who just spent a whole summers worth of working on this shotgun. If this happened again today I would send it in for warranty.

So you don't have it anymore to worry about it's problems?
Nope, that A5 was even worse than the SBE after 1 season of hunting. It malfunctioned countless times. I know the inertia operated guns work for a lot of people, but I will never own another.

Wao, that post was started 6 years ago. I have used SBE and wanted to buy one, several years ago, and I ordered one in wood, back when it was an option but the dealer could not get it. So I bought a Benelli Montefeltro. I only shoot 2 3/4" shells, but I host 300 in one day and never felt a thing. I love it.

Have you ever cleaned the ejector assembly? My friend had the same problem jamming till I showed his about that. See the video