My 2010 - 737 Yard / 185" nontyp mulie w 338 Edge

Great post Shawn! My buddy and I planned a horse trip up there out of Rathdrum this fall but it didn't work out. Maybe next year.....Rich

+1 with previous posts: CONGRATS, very nice story, enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Nice buck!!! Reading you shooting those distances and knowing your background, sounds like an easy shot for you, for the moment impossible shot for me.:D:D:D
Just have to keep trying and shooting.

my only questions at this point on the +P edge are does the +P edge use the same boltface as the 338 edge and can you use the remington action for this. I have the option of picking up a rem 700 in 7rem mag with an HS stock for 450 dallors. I dont need the 7 but was looking at getting the gun and having it rebarreled to the edge since all it needs is a new barrel/muzzle break, but Im most intrerested in the edge +P if this action, bolt face, stock would work Im going to pic up the rifle for sure, even if it has to sit around for a couple years before I can get it all put together. Thanks shawn

About the +P version of the 338 Edge, I will post a complete report on LRH as soon as we are finished. The short and long of it is that we are waiting for the patent to go through to release it. I will tell you that their is an additional 150-200 fps to be gained and it appears to have the benefit of smaller groups. We don't want to base anything on just the 3 test rifles we are running, but we want to complete durability testing and confirm that the accuracy increase we are seeing is not just an isolated incident. Be patient, I will release it here first.

Nice buck! Great Story!

Gotta love how you just throw the carrot out there for us to drool over! I can hear the devious chuckle from you now!:D

"+P .338 Edge, no big deal just 150-200 fps increase, and I will get back to you on the details later!"

You are killing me! I need details, pics, a full write up, and need to smell the gunpowder from the +P.338 Edge!

The +P can be built on the exact platform as the 338 Edge, we are testing now, accurace is great, velocity is 150-175 faster, my bug questions is barrel life. LRH will be the first to now about it.

Well it sounds like you need another test rifle to confirm and test. Tell you what Ill send you that remmy I was talking about and you can set it up as a +P then Ill test and give you what I find. We'll call it an even trade , what do you think? :D

Glad you liked it. It was a great hunt and alot of fun. I debated on having it done with the velvet on or off, I like hard horns better but the chance of taking a velvet deer of that size is solimited that I thought I better have it done like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.