Musicians that as a youth you under appreciated

I'm a rock and roll guy first. But after getting a blue tooth sound system in my metal building where I do fab and milling work, I have been playing lots of southern rock, outlaw country and searching around for western. It just seems to fire up that workspace with some really good musicians in that spectrum of country. Nice addition to my listening.

I'm a rock and roll guy first. But after getting a blue tooth sound system in my metal building where I do fab and milling work, I have been playing lots of southern rock, outlaw country and searching around for western. It just seems to fire up that workspace with some really good musicians in that spectrum of country. Nice addition to my listening.
You try any Red Dirt music. That Oklahoma/Texas Red River stuff.

For me, the biggest were Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Hank Williams, Flatts and Scruggs, Bob Wills, Chuck Berry, Ralph Stanley, Fats Domino and The Osborne Brothers.
My friend, if you and I were settin on the porch, we'd be seein eye to eye on most of the above.

Dr. John anybody??
RL Burnside?
Billy Joe Shaver

Here's a taste of new "old school " talent for y'all to wet your musical appetite on.
Charley Crockett
Tab Benoit
Kevin Russel

Another few are James McMurtry, Atlanta Rhythm Section, America, Traveling Wilbury's, Patti Page, The Collins Kids, Connie Francis

If you want to listen to a great soundtrack with some fantastic music old, stream the soundtrack for "Lessons in Chemistry"

Billy Joe Shaver was a staple growing up, he wrote some fantastic songs. If you want to go down the songwriter Avenue, I was surprised at the number of songs that Chuck Berry wrote/composed but never actually released.

Another few are James McMurtry, Atlanta Rhythm Section, America, Traveling Wilbury's, Patti Page, The Collins Kids, Connie Francis

If you want to listen to a great soundtrack with some fantastic music old, stream the soundtrack for "Lessons in Chemistry"

Billy Joe Shaver was a staple growing up, he wrote some fantastic songs. If you want to go down the songwriter Avenue, I was surprised at the number of songs that Chuck Berry wrote/composed but never actually released.
Bob Dylan was a prolific writer as well and many of those songs were successful thru many other musicians.

Underrated on the banjo-Steve Martin
Have you listened to this, Edie Brickell, politics aside, beautiful voice

IMG_2865.jpeg