!!!!!!!Muscle Brakes ROCK!!!!!! Pics Added

Thanks
I sent Joel Russo a piece of Ironwood and he carved it out for me, then I bedded and finished it.
Tarey

look out world........here comes bigngreen...........!!!!!!!

Don't cha just fancy having a rig that you can learn on and be upwardly progressive with each lesson. Thanks to folks like Jim See.

When a great well turned out product is made it makes little sense to DIY except for stuff like installation.

BTW, talking about jigs and stuff. I'm a couple of weeks away from unveiling the worlds very first "Italian Screw Machine" This is the strangest project I've ever come up with. It'll be butting heads with machines such as Citizen screw machines costing $250,000.00

For those of you not familiar with screw machines.........it has nothing to do with sex!:rolleyes:

For those of you not familiar with screw machines.........it has nothing to do with sex! **** it roy and i was hoping you'd post pics:rolleyes: does it at least have an automatic super glue dispenser?

Love the brake. To perfect this install you might face up the barrel a few hundreds. It looks like it might be in a little deep. It doesn't hurt anything but you can see it in the rear port. Maybe it is just the angle. Is that hammerite?

Love the brake. To perfect this install you might face up the barrel a few hundreds. It looks like it might be in a little deep. It doesn't hurt anything but you can see it in the rear port. Maybe it is just the angle. Is that hammerite?

I noticed that in the pics it looks like it's way into the first baffle, it looks more than it is but I wanted to leave it a little proud since this is my project rifle I wanted to be able to be able to mess with the crown and not have to cut the shoulder back.
Hammerite? I googled it and got a rust paint so if that is what you meant then no. It was Allumahyde from Brownells, I painted the whole thing but when I went to touch up a spot a couple months ago it just piddled out despite proper care :rolleyes: but I got the bright idea that a splatter paint might look kinda cool over a blasted stainless barrel so, being the project rifle it got the first hit!!

Roy, you crack me up! I just about spit pop on my key board with the Italian Screw Machine comment! Working on this rifle on my own and making improvements is a very rewarding process!!!!

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it!!

I've been keeping an eye on what people have been saying about the muscle brake and I carn't take it anymore got to own one myself lightbulb
Hope the 4 port will do the business on a big 338.

Rky Mtn, after you shoot it the first time with the Muscle brake on it you will just smile, that is what I did after shooting my 338 Ultra mag with the brake installed. It is SOOOOOO nice not getting pounded by something you like doing. like I said, it kicks like a 308 now.
Tarey

Muscle brakes are nice but they don't do anything more than half a dozen similarly made brakes do. To name only a few Holland QD and Radial, Kirbys Pain killer and Carlocks and SSG Vaporizer brakes are all very effective.

hi guys just wanted to no y u all use brakes and not moderators? over here in england u dont c them very often every one has big can moderators any ideas why? go easy on me plz i am quite new at this :)
TOM

In the US a moderator is considered a silencer and ownership is regulated by a $200 transfer tax to get one on top of the cost of the moderator. The governement thinks they are evil and regulates their ownership under the National Firearms Act. To read more about the NFA Wiki has some stuff on it. National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Be carefull what we wish for. Once they figure out they are not evil we may end up requiring them. You know, to protect the environment and our hearing. The government would have a valid concern if we ever get national healthcare. No moderation here. Seems like what ever it is it's all or nothing.

I would love to use a Moderator for hunting but alas the power that be deem it illegal! In quite a few states I think you could use them for non-game hunting and target shooting but not big game hunting. Having one is on the to do list!

I've shot the Hollands brakes and the DE brakes and I could tell I had a brake on, I would get a little rush of air at the shooter then of to the side just a little and you would get a good blast, the Muscle brake I get nothing at the shooter at all and have to be 5-6 feet to the side of the shooter before you can start to feel anything but that has not been all on the same rifle some on larger cals so maybe not a straight comparison. I have not shot the PK or Nathans brakes yet!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.