MT going to cut loose on wolves!!!

Just came back from a week long trip in Central Idaho (East Fork Salmon River, Main Salmon, Stanley, South Fork Payette). The last night out I was camped about 20 miles outside of Stanley. Around 10:30 to 11:00 pm, I heard wolves howling and talking to each other. I didn't see them, but it sounded like they were not far away.

The East Fork of the Salmon River is where my friends and our families (four generations) hunted deer and elk all of our lives until 2008. That was the last year any of us saw an elk in the Germania Creek drainage. We only saw a cow, by herself, that looked half lame and scarred on her rear end. We let her go. Wolves had been in every drainage in the Eastfork area. We used to harvest around 20 elk per year among all of us and, although it was a draw area, it usually never filled of available tags. In the pre-wolf times you could also purchase a second deer permit, as they were so over populated. Now, nothing but wolf tracks! We watched two different wolf attacks on elk resulting in the kill of 9 elk cows and calves with none being eaten for food. Just killing for the sake of killing and many were just disembowled from their anus and left to die. The rancher that let us camp on a piece of his property sold out to wolf lovers that wanted to build huge homes and close off access to a lot of the area. Now they haven't got any wildlife to view left living in the area.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts