Moving guns cross country

My brother moved back to TN from AK a few years back. He ended up mailing his rifles to himself. It took over a month and allot of calls to the post office but he finally got them. If you were to go this route, insure them with the post office and make sure you have the tracking numbers for each firearm. Take pictures of the rifles in the cases you are going to ship them in and make sure you have any paperwork proving their value. If you don't have paperwork to prove their value, they won't pay. The post office will do everything in their power not to pay.
☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️
Read this:

Handguns are a different set of rules entirely.

Me personally wouldn't leave my guns in a safe if moving them cross country. I don't like the idea of them bouncing around from pot holes or swerving to avoid critters or accidents. Lots of great input here and would do any of them before leaving them in a safe. Good luck with your move and new job.

Me personally wouldn't leave my guns in a safe if moving them cross country. I don't like the idea of them bouncing around from pot holes or swerving to avoid critters or accidents. Lots of great input here and would do any of them before leaving them in a safe. Good luck with your move and new job.
I can understand this. I said put them in a safe due to security reasons. I'd wrap them if I chose this method to help protect them from damage. But for me I'd place security over damage. The damage can be insured. Security is a different matter. I drove my firearms from California to Oregon. Done it several times actually lol. But I believe the OP's distance is greater than mine. If he had more than 10 or 20 it's pretty hard to take them into a hotel. I've done over 20 but that included handguns when I was in firearms sales. I can't remember how many long cases I had piled on that hotel dolly. But I made sure I could do it in one trip.

I moved 100+ guns 1600 miles from NM to Idaho when I moved.
Do not trust movers.
Take them yourself.
Rent a RV to stay in while you go ahead of your family.
Stay at a nice RV park and you will have no issues.

Make sure to follow all local and federal regulations when shipping firearms, and consider using a reputable courier or specialized service for shipping guns. You could also check if there's a local gun shop or shooting range in your new area that can hold them for you until you arrive.

One thing to keep in mind is that corporate relocation companies often have strict rules about transporting firearms, so it's best to check with them ahead of time. I came across this article on https://threemovers.com/hire-the-best-corporate-relocation-companies-in-uk-international-movers-uk/. It could give you an idea of what to expect and how to manage long-distance moves more securely.

I moved a long distance recently and for a lot of them I pulled actions from stocks. You can fit a lot of actions in not much space. But it was a pain.