Most accurate factory rifle for the 6.5 CM

$20! You got us all beat on the performance per price ratio! Looks like less than half inch group.
Did your Compass shoot that well before you put the suppressor on it?

Dont laugh but I have a savage 12 fv varmint. Heavy barrel cheap stock. Shoots lights out. I paid $250 after rebates. They can generally be had for $400. I was planning on changing out the stock but am hesitant cause it shoots so good.

Dont laugh but I have a savage 12 fv varmint. Heavy barrel cheap stock. Shoots lights out. I paid $250 after rebates. They can generally be had for $400. I was planning on changing out the stock but am hesitant cause it shoots so good.
Lol, same here. I caved and built a 22 creedmoor out of mine but going to lend the barrel to a buddy waiting on a carbon 6 barrel to test action and bedding. Ridiculous!

Was just reading yesterday in guns and ammo that as the reamers start to wear out at at the gun factories that the guns get more accurate cause there's less slop in chamber.

Those savage 12fv I believe is a Cabela's exclusive, they are a great buy, I've read tests on them and I'm tempted to get one, I think they are a 26inch barrel, tests basically say they are a bargain, probably shoot as good as any factory gun, I might get one but first I wanna know where to get that 20.00 compass.

Several years ago I bought two of the savage 12fv 6.5 Creedmoor's from cabelas. I think they were $249 with rebate. I gave one to my dad and challenged myself to shoot 1000 yds with the other for under $1000 including scope, ammo etc. Goal was consistent first round hits at 1000. I bought an athlon FFP scope on sale for $250-300 and two 200 rnd ammo cans of Hornady 140hp ammo from sportsman's warehouse for something like $150 a box. Egw 20 moa base and a set of warne rings. I sighted it in, broke it in and worked up dope for 1000. It worked. I don't know if I was consistent on first round hits but I made plenty of repeated hits on steel at 1000 learned a lot and enjoyed the rifle other than the stock and the blind magazine. I did add a tactical nylon cheek riser thing for like $20-30. All the prices are off memory but they are close. I traded the rifle off and still have some of the ammo.

I bought a Browning xbolt in 6.5 creedmoor, it was bedded from the factory and had the Sporter barrel, action was super smooth, trigger broke super clean, loved everything about it except the shooting, best I could get after playing around with lots of different loads was about 1 1/4 group at 100 and that was on a good day, after about 250 rounds I gave up, a lot of wasted ammo, I took it back to my local gun dealer and he traded it in on the savage precision axis and I gave him 100 bucks I just wanted to be done with it and basically would take whatever he had sitting there, I seen the savage and thought you've always been good to me so I took it, action not so smooth, scope base was off quite a bit so I used Burris signature zee rings with inserts to line scope up without using scope adjustments and it shoots amazing and I don't see myself getting rid of it ever, when I'm pushing daisies you can probably get a great deal on it from my wife, guess what I'm saying is what really matters is how it shoots and you can spend a lot on fancy guns with smooth actions that look real pretty but doesn't mean it will shoot better than anything else, I'm not putting down browning either maybe I got one that was not so great but I'll probably not buy another one.

Those savage 12fv I believe is a Cabela's exclusive, they are a great buy, I've read tests on them and I'm tempted to get one, I think they are a 26inch barrel, tests basically say they are a bargain, probably shoot as good as any factory gun, I might get one but first I wanna know where to get that 20.00 compass.
Just don't look at it before you shoot it lol ( the savage)

Hey also had a cz 455 22, beautiful gun, some people complained about the trigger but mine broke light and crisp, sold my heavy barrel savage to brother in law, he loves it, CZ was also heavy barrel, could not get it to shoot under an inch at 50 yds, CZ was almost 500, savage was 220, savage would shoot any bullet in 3/4 or less group, I was kinda ****ed off, bedded the CZ, a little better but still not as good as savage, finally traded it in and got most my money back cause got discount at Cabela's when I bought it, got Tikka instead and love it, shoots better than savage but not by a lot, CCI standard velocity is what it likes, can do 1/2 groups with that ammo all day, savage was really good with CCI mini mags

You obviously did not read the link I provided.

No I didn't, I'm pretty sure I ain't gonna get one for 20 bucks, if I'm wrong I'll take a couple dozen to start.

Several years ago I bought two of the savage 12fv 6.5 Creedmoor's from cabelas. I think they were $249 with rebate. I gave one to my dad and challenged myself to shoot 1000 yds with the other for under $1000 including scope, ammo etc. Goal was consistent first round hits at 1000. I bought an athlon FFP scope on sale for $250-300 and two 200 rnd ammo cans of Hornady 140hp ammo from sportsman's warehouse for something like $150 a box. Egw 20 moa base and a set of warne rings. I sighted it in, broke it in and worked up dope for 1000. It worked. I don't know if I was consistent on first round hits but I made plenty of repeated hits on steel at 1000 learned a lot and enjoyed the rifle other than the stock and the blind magazine. I did add a tactical nylon cheek riser thing for like $20-30. All the prices are off memory but they are close. I traded the rifle off and still have some of the ammo.
I'm going to stretch mine out this summer. It's wearing a 4-16 vortex viper pst I bought in the cabelas bargain cave for $500. When I was shooting a testing ladder at 100 yds with 140 gr eld and H4350 it put 15 rounds over 1.5 grain charge weight in about 1". Once I dialed in the load it's a solid 1/4-1/2 moa depending on my shooting skills that day. When I bought it I bought a box of Hornady 129 gr sp's. Sighted it in then put 3 rounds touching. Went out the next day and shot a nice 8 point.

Recent Posts