Moose bullet

rickiesrevenge

I drew a muzzleloader moose tag. Plan is to take the 45 that I built. Shot a goat with it last month using a 350gr arrowhead bullet. Goat didn't go too far and in my limited experience they're tougher than moose. Think its a good choice for moose or should I look at other options?

350 arrowhead in the correct location will be more than sufficient. I am sure you will take precautions to ensure your action and muzzle stay dry in moose territory. Hope you have a great hunt.

Can't use smokeless here. Definitely would if I could! Been using 95gr by weight of bh209. Maybe it's worth putting more in and seeing how accurate and how fast it goes

Can't use smokeless here. Definitely would if I could! Been using 95gr by weight of bh209. Maybe it's worth putting more in and seeing how accurate and how fast it goes
That charge (95grW) with the 350gr should put you close to 2,200fps.

Please excuse the top part of the chart.

95grs WEIGHT of BH.

I use G8 for the BC of .280 for the 350gr XLD. It is DEAD ON ACCURATE to 1,000yds.
We shoot at Camp Atterbury twice a year at 1,000yds. SML is NOT allowed.

1708526602171.jpeg

Maybe something like this.

Kinda depends on where you are hunting-some places 45 cal is a no-go for moose, regs can also affect your primer and powder choice, even bullet weight.

Assuming you are hunting where your profile shows, you have different regs then I would here so you should be ok depending on intended range

Recent Posts